talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Started watching "The Spy" today with Sacha Baron Cohen. Pretty interesting so far. 

I wanted to, but I can't get past that moustache and inevitable throwback to Borat xD 

• Haha 1

On 26/07/2020 at 23:48, Toinho said:

Started Line of Duty last night. Only two episodes in but interested to see where it heads! Especially considering there’s 5 seasons! 

One of my favourite series. It is so absorbing. Get's better and better!

• Subscriber
On 26/07/2020 at 15:48, Toinho said:

Started Line of Duty last night. Only two episodes in but interested to see where it heads! Especially considering there’s 5 seasons! 

I came here to post the same. Just started last week, polished off season 1.. kinda mixed on it, good enough story excellent acting.. the guy playing the main cop there Tony (also in Snatch) was really really good. Halfway through season 2 so far and I like season 2 quite a bit more just.. waiting to finish it. 

Edited by Viva la FCB

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

@nudge

Second season of 'The New Legends of Monkey' is out on Netflix today... 

Yes, got the reminder from Netflix earlier today! :D Really looking forward to it... Have you watched it yet???

11 hours ago, Toinho said:

finished season 5.... I want more! 

Haha you just have to wait like the rest of us then!

Really good twists in that most recent series. It's rare a series gets better and better but that's what this does. 

Watching Normal People on BBC iplayer right now. First time I've got into a drama series in ages.

Idk how much it would extend, but for someone just recently out of university, coming from a working class background, dealing with relationship issues both romantic and social, it's amazingly realistic and relatable. 

The acting, the script, direction, and the cinematography all just combines to make it feel so vividly like that time of your life. 

I'm currently watching this documentary on Netflix called "Down to Earth with Zac Efron" @nudge :ph34r: 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12585152/

They visit interesting places and interesting things, and show some interesting things. But it's like... so dumbed down for Americans. Like, when they try to explain the size of a place they compare it to the Empire State Building, and Zac Efron and his healthy idiot friend go ""Whooooa", "Woooow" and "Oooooooh" at everything. It feels like I'm watching something interesting that is meant for 4th graders. 

• Haha 1

Just now, nudge said:

??? xD 

Yea, like one of those guys who's vegan and claims to be a health expert. Yet he drinks milk and eats salmon in the very first episode. 

Here's a trailer. 

It's not not interesting. But a lot of it feels cringy because it's a documentary set out to be like... educational....but American. 

• Haha 1

See Netflix is getting a load of negative feedback for launching a show called 'Cuties' in September... Not seen any adverts for it and I watch Netflix a lot but from what I can gather it's about 11 year old girls dressing up and twerking which is probably just about the dumbest thing you could probably put on tv in this day and age... 

• 2 weeks later...

Binged both seasons of Cobra Kai over the weekend. Enjoyed it other than a few pet peeves. 

The main being Johnny stuck in the 1980's. You're telling me this bloke couldn't move on in life after losing a teenage Karate tournament he's already won twice?