talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Just finished watching the first episode of Lovecraft Country.. 

Not what I was expecting at all... 

Anyone else seen this yet?? 

I saw it earlier today and its in the queue for later tonight. Good? 

24 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I saw it earlier today and its in the queue for later tonight. Good? 

Actually yea, Thought it would be along other lines as I didn't see any previews for it or anything... but it's very interesting, I am enjoying it.. 

On episode 4 as we speak.. 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Actually yea, Thought it would be along other lines as I didn't see any previews for it or anything... but it's very interesting, I am enjoying it.. 

Horror?...

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Horror?...

Don't really know how best to describe it... It has horror related stuff in it but not the kind of horror that would put you off, although maybe episode 3 you might find a bit creepy but then again maybe not... Such a mix of strange things that seem to blend really well together... 

Basically it's about a black man called Atticus Freeman who returns home from the army and embarks on a search for his missing father in 1950's America.. and along with trying to overcome the racist attitudes of the time they also end up fighting monsters and magic along the way.. Might all sound a bit odd but it has one long running story and little stories in each episode that help fill in the blanks while they piece together the mystery... Has treasure hunting elements to it and I have also heard a couple of Marylin Manson tracks already... It also stars Michael K Williams who you may remember played Chalky White in Boardwalk Empire... 

Would suggest watching the first 2 and see what you think... personally I am enjoying it

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Don't really know how best to describe it... It has horror related stuff in it but not the kind of horror that would put you off, although maybe episode 3 you might find a bit creepy but then again maybe not... Such a mix of strange things that seem to blend really well together... 

Basically it's about a black man called Atticus Freeman who returns home from the army and embarks on a search for his missing father in 1950's America.. and along with trying to overcome the racist attitudes of the time they also end up fighting monsters and magic along the way.. Might all sound a bit odd but it has one long running story and little stories in each episode that help fill in the blanks while they piece together the mystery... Has treasure hunting elements to it and I have also heard a couple of Marylin Manson tracks already... It also stars Michael K Williams who you may remember played Chalky White in Boardwalk Empire... 

Would suggest watching the first 2 and see what you think... personally I am enjoying it

Yes, recognised Chalky in the trailer immediately :D 

Will give it a go then...

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Just finished watching Episode 1... well, you weren't joking about the monsters xD Really enjoyed it otherwise, and now I want to know what happens next... It's definitely a weird show though xD 

9 hours ago, nudge said:

Just finished watching Episode 1... well, you weren't joking about the monsters xD Really enjoyed it otherwise, and now I want to know what happens next... It's definitely a weird show though xD 

The good news is the episodes are not overwhelmed by them making them the main topic of conversation, just enough to provide a WTF moment here and there... 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

The good news is the episodes are not overwhelmed by them making them the main topic of conversation, just enough to provide a WTF moment here and there... 

It felt like a horror B-Movie for 15 minutes there 😂 not in a bad sense though, as instead of being scary, it made laugh xD 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm watching Ratched on Netflix. It's pretty interesting... a weirdly, it's sort of a prequel to One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest.

Hated that evil bitch, no way I'm watching the show about her :D 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm watching Ratched on Netflix. It's pretty interesting... a weirdly, it's sort of a prequel to One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest.

Is it? Thought it was just another series created by the makers of American Horror Story and American Crime story 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Is it? Thought it was just another series created by the makers of American Horror Story and American Crime story 

Yeah it's the story of Nurse Ratched prior to the events of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. It's also done by the people who did American Horror Story (which I've never watched).

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah it's the story of Nurse Ratched prior to the events of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. It's also done by the people who did American Horror Story (which I've never watched).

i watched it and it has more of a AHS feel to it than OFOTCN. Still thought it was a much better watch than most of the AHS stuff from recent history. 

• Subscriber
On 21/09/2020 at 17:12, Bluewolf said:

Good reco this. It's weird as you say but now I want to know what comes next so im hooked.

On 23/09/2020 at 06:16, Mel81x said:

i watched it and it has more of a AHS feel to it than OFOTCN. Still thought it was a much better watch than most of the AHS stuff from recent history. 

I think the only thing that ties it to One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest is that her name is Nurse Ratched xD 

I'm still about halfway through, I'm finding it a pretty tough show to binge watch which is normally how I like to Netflix. But definitely a good show that's keeping me interested.

• Subscriber

@Bluewolf I am all caught up on Lovecraft Country and what a ride it is. I especially liked some parts of it but others seemed stitched together for the sake of it. This weekend's episode is an example of that but I am very very curious about the Korean-American angle being revisited soon.

12 hours ago, Mel81x said:

@Bluewolf I am all caught up on Lovecraft Country and what a ride it is. I especially liked some parts of it but others seemed stitched together for the sake of it. This weekend's episode is an example of that but I am very very curious about the Korean-American angle being revisited soon.

Just watched episode 7

It's getting stranger by the episode...