talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

I’ve heard it’s not nearly as frightening or scary as the first and that along with the unspectacular trailer makes me not that keen to jump on it. I’ll wait for a bit more reaction. Plus Mike Flanagan not directing all the episodes is crap too. He’s a fantastic horror director. 

On 09/10/2020 at 10:28, Mel81x said:

@Bluewolf have you seen the latest Lovecraft Country EP? Where in the world is this show going?

P.S. Props to those two girls who did the demon acting chasing Dee, they did a very good job. 

Watched the latest episode last night... certainly didn't expect that ending.. 

• Subscriber
On 11/10/2020 at 05:02, Mel81x said:

I didnt either. But we have two more episodes to go so they should be making some big reveals soon.

What episode is currently released? I dont have netflix and just finished episode 7. Ill reserve full judgement until its finished but definitely enjoyed Hill house a good deal more. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

What episode is currently released? I dont have netflix and just finished episode 7. Ill reserve full judgement until its finished but definitely enjoyed Hill house a good deal more. 

EP9 is out and this is nowhere as good as Hill House but this isn't really horror even if it tries at times.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

EP9 is out and this is nowhere as good as Hill House but this isn't really horror even if it tries at times.

Yeah thats kind of how I feel so far too. Like the back stories are interesting much like the original theyve done a very good job at building characters but there really isnt the horror element much at all outside of a handful of events really. Hill House just had the creepy feel and vibe to it the entire time where this definitely doesnt. I dont know like I said I wont judge it in full until I see the end but im not too optimistic.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah thats kind of how I feel so far too. Like the back stories are interesting much like the original theyve done a very good job at building characters but there really isnt the horror element much at all outside of a handful of events really. Hill House just had the creepy feel and vibe to it the entire time where this definitely doesnt. I dont know like I said I wont judge it in full until I see the end but im not too optimistic.

Like I was saying earlier too. The way characters start doing things is just so random haha. Granted there are some very cool things in the show and how its explained (or they try to explain) but I think the best EP for me so far was #9. I feel like the writers tried to put too much into one show that it really doesn't do just one thing right and instead tries to be mediocre at a lot of concepts.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Like I was saying earlier too. The way characters start doing things is just so random haha. Granted there are some very cool things in the show and how its explained (or they try to explain) but I think the best EP for me so far was #9. I feel like the writers tried to put too much into one show that it really doesn't do just one thing right and instead tries to be mediocre at a lot of concepts.

We'll reconvene when its over :D

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Alright i finished it. Read on when you have as well.

Im really torn on this one. I actually quite liked the story itself and how it all unfolded but at the same time its not really a horror show at all, as they even say its really more of a love story or even a drama with a handful of creepy elements. As a stand alone I dont think i would be dissatisfied at all watching it. Its just that its not what I expected especially seeing the trailer and having only recently watched Hill House I just dont think it belongs in the same category. The story was interesting enough all the way through it kept my attention but i dont know at the end of it all its not the kind of show I think I would revisit which is a shame because I already want to rewatch Hill House. maybe a 7/10 for me all things considered.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Alright i finished it. Read on when you have as well.

Hide contents

Im really torn on this one. I actually quite liked the story itself and how it all unfolded but at the same time its not really a horror show at all, as they even say its really more of a love story or even a drama with a handful of creepy elements. As a stand alone I dont think i would be dissatisfied at all watching it. Its just that its not what I expected especially seeing the trailer and having only recently watched Hill House I just dont think it belongs in the same category. The story was interesting enough all the way through it kept my attention but i dont know at the end of it all its not the kind of show I think I would revisit which is a shame because I already want to rewatch Hill House. maybe a 7/10 for me all things considered.

Its not over yet :) One more to go.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Binged Barbarians, a new historical mini-series on Netflix about the Germanic tribes' (particulary the Cherusk) struggle against the Roman Empire, culminating with the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest. 

Really good. 

@Bluewolf

Watched it yesterday.... the whole lot in one sitting :D

Really enjoyed it... was going to mention it but no need now.. 

Cheers for the heads up though... rare I get to see something before you these days B|

• Like 1