talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

14 hours ago, Stan said:

@Eco if you haven't watched The Queen's Gambit yet then I suggest you do!

Yea, it's all the talk in the Chess world, plus it was on the cover of the latest edition of Chess Life. I was holding off because the wife said she wanted to watch it with me, but then it turns out she didn't, so I'll probably start it today. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Yea, it's all the talk in the Chess world, plus it was on the cover of the latest edition of Chess Life. I was holding off because the wife said she wanted to watch it with me, but then it turns out she didn't, so I'll probably start it today. 

I binged it in about 2 days so enjoy :D 

As you're an avid chess-lover I think you'll probably appreciate it more than anyone else on here.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Stan said:

Started watching Trial 4

Heard it's like Central Park 5 when it came to injustice of the legal system against an innocent person punished for a crime. 

I as well. Shady interrogation tactics and a failed justice system leading another innocent man behind bars. 

I truly believe people need to learn about the law and your rights as a person as early as the age of 10. Far too many scenarios where innocent people end up falling for these shady tactics.  Learn to lawyer up. Say nothing. Demand why you are getting arrested. Understand that if they don’t have any tangible evidence, they have nothing. 

Edited by Cicero

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Cicero said:

I as well. Shady interrogation tactics and a failed justice system leading another innocent man behind bars. 

I truly believe people need to learn about the law and your rights as a person as early as the age of 10. Far too many scenarios where innocent people end up falling for these shady tactics.  Learn to lawyer up. Say nothing. Demand why you are getting arrested. Understand that if they don’t have any tangible evidence, they have nothing. 

Yep, especially in this day and age when all of these documentaries/programmes have come to light. Not that kids have probably been watching it but their parents or relatives might have?

What episode you up to? 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Yep, especially in this day and age when all of these documentaries/programmes have come to light. Not that kids have probably been watching it but their parents or relatives might have?

What episode you up to? 

Just the 1st

On 20/11/2020 at 14:43, Stan said:

@Cicero watched any more?

Definitely gets more fucked up in terms of the corruption and vendetta the 3 bent cops had in so many cases.

Rosemary is a saviour...

Just finished. Mad how strong job security is for detectives in Boston during that time. Could get away with everything, 

There’s one thing that’s bothered me the entire time however. Why did we only hear specifics of Sean’s involvement in the murder from his uncle, his lawyer, and others who weren’t named Sean?  Sean only said he went to buy diapers and got in the car and drove off....but that’s not exactly what happened? He conveniently left out his friend murdering mulligan, them driving off and then hiding the guns? Just seems incredibly sus and has me thinking Sean may not have been involved in the shooting, but was involved in the robbery of the firearm. Hard to buy into the wrong place wrong time theory. I don’t know:  I just wish Sean was more open to what exactly happened vs hearing it from outside sources. 

Edited by Cicero

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Just finished. Mad how strong job security is for detectives in Boston during that time. Could get away with everything, 

There’s one thing that’s bothered me the entire time however. Why did we only hear specifics of Sean’s involvement in the murder from his uncle, his lawyer, and others who weren’t named Sean?  Sean only said he went to buy diapers and got in the car and drove off....but that’s not exactly what happened? He conveniently left out his friend murdering mulligan, them driving off and then hiding the guns? Just seems incredibly sus and has me thinking Sean may not have been involved in the shooting, but was involved in the robbery of the firearm. Hard to buy into the wrong place wrong time theory. I don’t know:  I just wish Sean was more open to what exactly happened vs hearing it from outside sources. 

I also want to know why the uncle was so involved. Maybe he was one of the guys there as well? He seemed to tip off the police about the guns. I don't think Sean did the shooting but you're right that they left out what could have actually happened but I guess that was their case - remove the implication of Sean and focus on the corrupt nature and lack to credibility of the cops that were involved. 

Also, that McNelley (?) is a proper twat. Couldn't see the biased right in front of his own eyes and said the case was clear as day regularly, wouldn't offer up any evidence of Sean being the killer. If anything it just added further suspicion of how much he was involved in the corruption as the boss of the main 3 the focus was on. 

The police kind of shot themselves in the foot when they messed up with the witnesses and timings (Brown and Sanchez) and the latter's witness ID. They were probably so used to fudging stuff and getting away with it that they didn't realise it would catch up with them at some point. I wonder who the 83,000 dollars was paid to. Such a massive amount to conveniently go missing or not be accounted for... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Binged Season 1 of The Right Stuff yesterday. Basically tells the story of the spacerace in the 60s and the beginnings of NASA by following the lives of the Mercury 7 astronauts. Pretty much Mad Men in space, really enjoyed it.

Also started For All Mankind, which is a very interesting take on alternative history, depicting of what would have happened if the Soviets were the first ones to land on the Moon and the global space race never ended.

• Subscriber

Just watched the first episode of the new adaptation of Stephen King's The Stand. I loved the book; it's one of my favourites, and I really liked the miniseries from the 90s (although granted, it didn't age well...). Mixed feelings about this new remake at this point. Not too sure if they got the timing right; releasing a series set in a world wiped out by a deadly virus in the middle of the pandemic seems a bit of a risky idea xD Also not sure if the structure of the show will work - I found the non-chronological adaptation pretty good, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone who hasn't read the book or seen the original mini series as that will probably be pretty confusing. 

• 2 weeks later...