talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber
57 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Is it any good?

I love it, definitely one of my favourite recent series. Was skeptical at first when it came out, but decided to give it a go and I'm glad I did; binged Season 1 in two nights xD It's a sort of alt-history which starts with the Soviets beating the Americans to the Moon, and from there on, the space race truly picks up speed. They really captured the spirit of the 60s/70s, in that aspect it's like Mad Men but with NASA instead of the advertising company, and with more "action" to keep it balanced. Especially interesting if you're into the history of the space program; as although it depicts both historical and completely fictional events through the prism of alt-history, it still has a lot of real historical characters (Wernher von Braun, Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, John Glenn, Gene Kranz, Deke Slayton, etc.) and old footage (used in a very clever way too, I must say). Cinematography, characters and storylines are all top-notch.

• Like 1

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Cicero said:

Shouldn’t of even been a documentary. Open and shut case really. People desperately want her to have been murdered. 

Felt for the Mexican death metal dude. Had absolutely nothing to do with. It felt like it was just filler for the programme because there was nothing else to discuss. The guy wasn't even at the the hotel at the same time ffs. 

45 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Just seen that Line of Duty is back for a new series on 21st March:o

We started watching The Bay the other night, finished the first series last night. 

I watched the Bay too, I haven't been to Morecambe since I was a kid, looks like it hasn't changed a helluva lot.

• Subscriber

Mini series (6 episodes) called White House Farm. Based on the brutal 5 murders in Essex in 1984. The step-son of the family was jailed for life yet pleads his innocence to this day - 9/10.

I stumbled upon 'Truth Seekers' last night.. a sort of comedy/horror series starring Simon Pegg & Nick Frost on Amazon Prime.. 

8 episodes in total and watched them all because I couldn't get to sleep, I found it enjoyable and in some places pretty creepy so not one for @nudge

Image result for truth seekers series. Size: 201 x 160. Source: www.radiotimes.com

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I stumbled upon 'Truth Seekers' last night.. a sort of comedy/horror series starring Simon Pegg & Nick Frost on Amazon Prime.. 

8 episodes in total and watched them all because I couldn't get to sleep, I found it enjoyable and in some places pretty creepy so not one for @nudge

Image result for truth seekers series. Size: 201 x 160. Source: www.radiotimes.com

The question is though, have you watched For All Mankind? :35_thinking:

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

The question is though, have you watched For All Mankind? :35_thinking:

Not yet, didn't want to start something I might have fallen asleep through, My plan was to watch Truth Seekers to try and help me get to sleep last night but it was so moody and creepy I couldn't stop watching... also I was too scared to get up and turn the light off and watch it in the dark alone... 

Only joking... nothing frightens me any more.. :ph34r:

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Come on, it's not THAT bad :4_joy:

Trust you to focus on the negatives... xD

I meant that I didn't want to risk falling asleep and then have to backtrack through episodes that might have carried on playing while I was snoozing.. Instead I picked something I didn't mind falling asleep through but that backfired a bit.. 

Have you watched any 'Upload' yet??? :ph34r:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Trust you to focus on the negatives... xD

I meant that I didn't want to risk falling asleep and then have to backtrack through episodes that might have carried on playing while I was snoozing.. Instead I picked something I didn't mind falling asleep through but that backfired a bit.. 

Have you watched any 'Upload' yet??? :ph34r:

xD 

No.... Been busy with work and then had a card playing & whisky night last night :ph34r: 

• Like 1

Unforgotten Series 4 on ITV.

Brilliant Cold Case drama. The first three series were class and this has started solidly too. 

I love the way the characters are introduced and you delve into their background, all the while knowing they are all suspects who know eachother and are connected to the dead body found at the start of each series.

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Just watched the first episode, didn't know it was on it's second season, thought it was a new series.. 

And? How did you like it?

Yes, Season 2 just started a while ago... Which reminds me that I have to watch Episode 3 B|