talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

26 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes, a complete different story in Season 2. I mean give it a go, you never know... I'm just really not into ghost horror shite, so your mileage may vary! 

16 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Here is the trailer for it... 

Cheers both. I may give it a go out of curiosity because each to their own and all that, but I must admit, the premise doesn't grab me like Series One.

I didn't realise Series One was actually based on a book from 2007 so I may download that and give it a go, see how it stacks up to the series.

At least I can visualise the Tuunbaq then haha.

Edited by Lucas

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Cheers both. I may give it a go out of curiosity because each to their own and all that, but I must admit, the premise doesn't grab me like Series One.

I didn't realise Series One was actually based on a book from 2007 so I may download that and give it a go, see how it stacks up to the series.

The whole atmosphere season 1 generated was brilliant to be honest.. would be very hard to follow up on that I think

On 15/05/2021 at 10:21, Rab said:

I genuinely don't understand Gogglebox.

People sat there watching their TV of people sat there watching TV.

21 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Aye, I've never got it.

It is generally about watching other peoples views on TV programs and how they react. It is a very modern fascination or reality TV and has become very popular and very cheap to make creating celebrities out of everyday people. For me it's brainwash TV after a week at work and considering there is nothing noteworthy to watch on any other channel.

On 13/05/2021 at 21:18, Lucas said:

Can't believe this is a second season and not standalone considering the story of the first is based 'loosely' on the Franklin expedition in the 1840s.

On 15/05/2021 at 05:59, Toinho said:

Started watching Startup 

I love Martin Freeman - but it’s so hard seeing him with an American accent and not playing a likable character! 

Decent so far though 

Have you seen Fargo?

48 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I haven’t - it’s on my list. Is he in that?

Yes, in the first season. Billy Bob Thornton is also in it, and plays one of the best villains in TV history there IMO.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Have you seen Fargo?

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

I haven’t - it’s on my list. Is he in that?

16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yes, in the first season. Billy Bob Thornton is also in it, and plays one of the best villains in TV history there IMO.

I totally regard the Cohen brothers1996 film one of the best films I have watched the plot line and acting is amazing, Peter Stormare is brilliant as a nasty villain and very cold and calculated. many of the Cohen brothers films are great, Millers crossing and the Big Lebowsky remain massive as well as Raising Arizona, must watch films.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Persephone said:

Can't believe this is a second season and not standalone considering the story of the first is based 'loosely' on the Franklin expedition in the 1840s.

Yeah season 2 is a standalone story, they run it as an "anthology" series. 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah season 2 is a standalone story, they run it as an "anthology" series. 

The general synopsis is a bit weird, I only watched the first series through interest in the Franklin expedition and I have to say they did the story very well. I'm not sure if they had the relevant information on the lead poisoning not being a major factor but included it into the story line very and explains the hallucinogenic scenes. Just not sure about the second season but will give it a look.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Persephone said:

The general synopsis is a bit weird, I only watched the first series through interest in the Franklin expedition and I have to say they did the story very well. I'm not sure if they had the relevant information on the lead poisoning not being a major factor but included it into the story line very and explains the hallucinogenic scenes. Just not sure about the second season but will give it a look.

I loved the first season, couldn't watch the second one. Just not my cup of tea at all...

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I loved the first season, couldn't watch the second one. Just not my cup of tea at all...

So avoidance is the key, I'm sketchy anyway. My interest was from the fact they dramatized the Franklin expedition which is shrouded in mystery. But they froze to death, made bad decisions and very probably got eaten by polar bears and suffered from the effects of acute lead poisoning amongst a number of factors brought on by being in a desperate situation. But the series portrayed it very well so maybe not to destroy it with a crap over cooked second season.

Apologies if its been mentioned already, but Meet The Richardsons is back for series two on Dave. 

For those unaware, it's a mockumentary-style comedy featuring married comedians Jon Richardson and Lucy Beaumont. It is on Dave, but episodes are on UKTV (free catch-up service, normally far less adverts than All 4). 

17 minutes ago, Ploughendplonker said:

Apologies if its been mentioned already, but Meet The Richardsons is back for series two on Dave. 

For those unaware, it's a mockumentary-style comedy featuring married comedians Jon Richardson and Lucy Beaumont. It is on Dave, but episodes are on UKTV (free catch-up service, normally far less adverts than All 4). 

He used to drink in a pub I went too when I lived near Kingston before he moved. He came across exactly how he does in that program.

That pub he has in his garden is immense.

27 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

He used to drink in a pub I went too when I lived near Kingston before he moved. He came across exactly how he does in that program.

That pub he has in his garden is immense.

I'm not even that much of a pub person, but there's something so cool about someone having a pub in their garden. 

On 20/05/2021 at 23:06, MUFC said:

Watched 2 out of 8 episodes of The Innocent. Spanish series but dubbed in English. Really fucking good.

Why would you watch dubbed stuff? It's the work of the devil. 

• Upvote 1