talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber
44 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Anyone seen ¿Quién mató a Sara? It's fucking nuts.

It's pretty good at first, but then I thought it dragged on for too long. Should have been just one single season. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

It's pretty good at first, but then I thought it dragged on for too long. Should have been just one single season. 

People got annoyed further into the series regarding who killed her. Each time an episode would concentrate on a suspect, the ending would reveal it wasn't them. They did this for many episodes with different characters. It eventually pissed people off, but it's what kept me glued. There is actually a third series coming soon.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Eco said:

@nudge - You are officially top 5 favorite people in my life.

Started Katla this morning before work, and even the first episode has me hooked.

Seriously appreciate the recommendation :congrats:

Glad to hear! I binged it all in two nights after work, just couldn't stop watching. It just gets better and better, and the ending was satisfying, too. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Glad to hear! I binged it all in two nights after work, just couldn't stop watching. It just gets better and better, and the ending was satisfying, too. 

I'd love to be able to bang it out, but with the new job, my time isn't as open as it used to be.

I'll likely finish it off this week though.

• Upvote 1

Going to start watching a series called The Mire tomorrow. Is based in Poland about the murder of a prostitute and young activist. Some journalists are suspicious of how the police handle the case and dig into it. 

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, MUFC said:

Just finished a British series called Safe. I found all 8 episodes to be really intriguing. It was intriguing from the start right to the final 5 minutes - 9/10.

Watched that a while back but that was more or less the wifes kind of thing and she had a binge session one night and watched the whole series, too slow going for me. 

12 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Watched that a while back but that was more or less the wifes kind of thing and she had a binge session one night and watched the whole series, too slow going for me. 

I loved it from the off. Fast pace and mystery galore.

Just finished "The Umbrella Academy" Season 1. Very entertaining. The characters decisions and motives are not always quite logical, especially towards the end of the season, but as I said, it's very entertaining. Quite impressed with Aidan Gallagher's acting. Basically he's a 13 year old boy (I believe the actor is like 15 in season 1?) who has to portray a much more mature character. And he does it very well. 

Just finished Black Summer. Was surprised by how good it was. What I enjoyed was that even so it was a pro-zombie apocalypses, you there was hardly any interactions with zombies throughout the 2 seasons. The first season was tense as they worked towards their goal. Second season, first 4 episodes. I felt like too many new fractions were introduced. But the final 4 episodes are really tense.  

As for the zombies. Compared to the walking dead, they are quicker and much more intelligent. They are also harder to kill, I put this down to modern day dieting and nutrition - 8/10.

Edited by MUFC

On 10/06/2021 at 01:07, Danny said:

Watching Ted Lasso on Apple+TV, actually a lot better than I expected it to be and have completely binged it the last few days. It's filmed at the same stadium they filmed Bend It like Beckham at, which is where I used to play youth football

Just finished this on Apple+TV too. I actually really liked it. Jason Sudeikis (spelling?) in his most likable role yet.