talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber

Accidentally stumbled upon Tales from the Loop on Amazon Prime, and wow... Can't believe it went completely under the radar.

Very unique story and general vibe.

https://imdb.com/title/tt8741290/

@Bluewolf 

And since the show's eery, somber, melancholic tone reminds me of Dark, here's the obligatory shoutout to @Tommy, @Faithcore, @Eco, @Rucksackfranzose, and @Viva la FCB

• Wow 1
  • Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

Accidentally stumbled upon Tales from the Loop on Amazon Prime, and wow... Can't believe it went completely under the radar.

@Bluewolf 

And since the show's eery, somber, melancholic tone reminds me of Dark, here's the obligatory shoutout to @Tommy, @Faithcore, @Eco, @Rucksackfranzose, and @Viva la FCB

Watched the trailer and immediately recognized Philip Glass as the composer. :o Great cast too! Looks very good. I'll definitely watch it once I finish The Expanse. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, nudge said:

@Bluewolf 

Interesting... I have just found it and it's asking me if I want to resume episode 4.. 

I don't remember starting to watch this???

It's happening, senile dementia is finally kicking in... 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Interesting... I have just found it and it's asking me if I want to resume episode 4.. 

I don't remember starting to watch this???

It's happening, senile dementia is finally kicking in... 

Or maybe someone else is using your (by your I mean your daughter's) Prime account 🤔 

Funny though, I'm also on episode 4 now, what a coincidence... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Watched the trailer and immediately recognized Philip Glass as the composer. :o Great cast too! Looks very good. I'll definitely watch it once I finish The Expanse. 

I'm hooked, was supposed to just watch one episode before work, and I'm still watching now, having decided to take a day off :ph34r: xD

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nudge said:

@Bluewolf 

Thanks for the shout, don't have Amazon Prime, though.

• Sad 1

Just started watching black summer. Its a zombie series and is linked to Z nation apparently. I started watching Z nation but stopped because I didn't like it. However in Z nation you have to get bit to turn however in black summer you just have to die so dont quite know how that works.  It's good so far. A bit like army of the dead in that you will probably only really like it is you are a zombie fan

22 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Just started watching black summer. Its a zombie series and is linked to Z nation apparently. I started watching Z nation but stopped because I didn't like it. However in Z nation you have to get bit to turn however in black summer you just have to die so dont quite know how that works.  It's good so far. A bit like army of the dead in that you will probably only really like it is you are a zombie fan

I posted about black summer months ago. First series was brilliant.

25 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I posted about black summer months ago. First series was brilliant.

Have you watched season 2? It's a bit harder to follow because its start at a certain point and works backwards if you get what I mean. Decent enough though.  Zombies that are fast moving and that automatically turn on death seem more likely to take over the world.  Apparently though there was a study and they think even slow moving zombies would end the world 

9 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Have you watched season 2? It's a bit harder to follow because its start at a certain point and works backwards if you get what I mean. Decent enough though.  Zombies that are fast moving and that automatically turn on death seem more likely to take over the world.  Apparently though there was a study and they think even slow moving zombies would end the world 

Watched both seasons. I love the struggle to get to the stadium in season 1. Did you see the scene when they're in the diner? That was really good.

9 hours ago, MUFC said:

Watched both seasons. I love the struggle to get to the stadium in season 1. Did you see the scene when they're in the diner? That was really good.

I watched it all mate. Might watch season 1 again because I  couldn't remember who some of the characters are. Have you ever watched Z nation? Apparently it is set before that but in z nation you only get infected from a bite.

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I watched it all mate. Might watch season 1 again because I  couldn't remember who some of the characters are. Have you ever watched Z nation? Apparently it is set before that but in z nation you only get infected from a bite.

Watched the first 2 seasons of Z nation. Being honest I went off it, tried season 3 but to no avail. Have just finished season 6 of fear the walking dead. I like the series but compared to the walking dead. The groups don't have the same vicious, ruthless mentality. 

2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Watched the first 2 seasons of Z nation. Being honest I went off it, tried season 3 but to no avail. Have just finished season 6 of fear the walking dead. I like the series but compared to the walking dead. The groups don't have the same vicious, ruthless mentality. 

Ive got a fear the walking dad box set but haven't watched it. Personally I like fast zombie films and films where the zombies are more intelligent. I think zombie films seem to be going that way now as like any genre it needs to evolve to keep it entertaining. I actually think we probably have walking dead to thank for it as it did really take the zombie genre to the next level.  I didn't like Z nation. I love zombie tv but I didn't think it was that good. It did get quite poor reviews I think.

• Subscriber

Started watching the reboot of The Wonder Years. Loved the original as a kid; this one is the same concept, but from the perspective of a kid from a black family in Alabama in the late 60s. A typical coming of age story with some humour and social realities of the time. Actually enjoying it.

• Wow 1

5 hours ago, nudge said:

Started watching the reboot of The Wonder Years. Loved the original as a kid; this one is the same concept, but from the perspective of a kid from a black family in Alabama in the late 60s. A typical coming of age story with some humour and social realities of the time. Actually enjoying it.

The Wonder Years defined my childhood. Winnie Cooper, Madeline, than that girl from the lake. While my sad teenage ass sat locked in at home, hiding from bullies, daydreaming I was Kevin. xD GOOD TIMES.

I might give this new one a go as well. Fred Savage is actually a producer.  

• Upvote 1