talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

Anyone on here watch doctor who? I'm on episode 3 of flux now. It's pretty complicated to be honest. I had to read a plot description on wikipedia after. You really have to pay attention. I like it when  it is complicated though. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Watched the first episode of Foundation last night.... quite an opener

There will be some quite annoying moments in the few next episodes, but soldier on through it... It got much, much better after episode 5, and I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of Season 1. 

The Empire storyline is particularly good.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

There will be some quite annoying moments in the few next episodes, but soldier on through it... It got much, much better after episode 5, and I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of Season 1. 

The Empire storyline is particularly good.

If I remember rightly from the review you gave after the second episode I will need to prepare a sharp stick to poke into my eyes and a bucket to be sick in as I curse the day I ever laid eyes on a tv screen... Not that it had a lasting impression on me or anything but if you told me today I only had 2 weeks left to live it would not affect me as emotionally as that one single review did... 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

If I remember rightly from the review you gave after the second episode I will need to prepare a sharp stick to poke into my eyes and a bucket to be sick in as I curse the day I ever laid eyes on a tv screen... Not that it had a lasting impression on me or anything but if you told me today I only had 2 weeks left to live it would not affect me as emotionally as that one single review did... 

In all seriousness, your mileage may vary - not sure if you've read the books? If not, then it probably won't bother you that much, as my main qualms were massive changes to the original AND overly emotional character (I won't do any spoilers now, but feel free to join my in the Foundation thread afterwards ... xD)

55 minutes ago, nudge said:

In all seriousness, your mileage may vary - not sure if you've read the books? If not, then it probably won't bother you that much, as my main qualms were massive changes to the original AND overly emotional character (I won't do any spoilers now, but feel free to join my in the Foundation thread afterwards ... xD)

Not read the books so yea, probably won't ruin it for me.. I appreciate if you have read the books prior to seeing a film/series based on it then there is always a lot of potential for it not to be in line with the persons vision of how they felt it should have been portrayed.. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, nudge said:

Is it the Russian one about some virus outbreak? 

Yeah that's the one. I really enjoyed the pace of this series. You get some which are gung-ho and fast from the off and others which build up. I like the balanced pace of this series, slow at times with quick-bursts of action. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
Just now, MUFC said:

Yeah that's the one. I really enjoyed the pace of this series. You get some which are gung-ho and fast from the off and others which build up. I like the balanced pace of this series, slow at times with quick-bursts of action. 

I've only seen a trailer and thought it looked good... Will have to check it out!

• Upvote 1

Dexter New Blood. 

4 Episodes in so far and it's warming up quite nicely. I like the route they have gone with it and the back and forth Dexter is having trying to shake his 'Dark Passenger'.

Having a teenage Harrison now in the frame has really added a new dynamic.

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Dexter New Blood. 

4 Episodes in so far and it's warming up quite nicely. I like the route they have gone with it and the back and forth Dexter is having trying to shake his 'Dark Passenger'.

Having a teenage Harrison now in the frame has really added a new dynamic.

I went off the older series before this reboot, was amazing to watch to a point and then the storyline just became sterile.

8 hours ago, Danny said:

I went off the older series before this reboot, was amazing to watch to a point and then the storyline just became sterile.

Yeah, you're right it did and after some amazing seasons, especially series 4 where IMO it peaked at its highest, it became a bit of a disappointment in the way it headed.

That said, I do like this new series.

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

Yeah, you're right it did and after some amazing seasons, especially series 4 where IMO it peaked at its highest, it became a bit of a disappointment in the way it headed.

That said, I do like this new series.

Yeah series 4 I think for me was almost the undoing of Dexter. It was so good but also they went so far in the direction that he wouldn’t be getting caught that there was no turning back and that also the other available storylines just weren’t up to scratch with that series. The ending to that series was so good thinking about it still makes me feel shit haha

I always browse Netflix once per month looking for something which is unknown. I found a series based in South Africa. Am 8 episodes into 13. It's called Diamond City. I looked on IMDB for reviews and it only had 1 review, was in 2 minds about watching it. Am glad I did, it's a hidden gem and I'm gripped. Has corruption, covering up and trafficking as the main elements of this series. 

I highly recommend it.

• Upvote 1

I've been watching this documentary called seaspiracy. It's ok but has clearly misinterpreted information. For example it said that the dolphin safe lebels mean nothing as the observers on the boats can be bribed. That is of course true it cant guarantee it. However it makes it more likely to be dolphin safe as most people who have a job like that care about the environment so its unlikely there is mass dishonesty I think.  The actual person who person who made that comment in the  documentary said he was taken out of context. Its worth a watch but the person who made it clearly has a bit of an agenda. He is vegan and the documentary is encouraging people to stop eating fish so if he can manipulate information to get people to stop eating fish it is in his interest

Edited by Guest