talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber

The Unknown Hitman: The Story of El Cholo Adrián, First season is based on true facts while the second season is more fictional. After Narcos Mexico and Colombia. I'd say this is easily the best of the rest - 8/10.

• Subscriber

Finished Around The World in 80 Days, and thought it was great. David Tennant is fantastic, the chemistry between him and the other two main actors (Ibrahim Koma & Leonie Benesch) is perfect, the blend of humour and emotion is very well balanced, and Hans Zimmer score is outstanding. The whole adventure is just fun to watch. Great news that Season 2 has already been greenlit, and that they will adapt another Jules Verne novel (Journey to the Centre of the Earth) for it. Hopefully with the same cast. 

WIth Disney+ filming Nautilus, it looks like adventure genre and particularly Jules Verne adaptations are set for a revival. 

Edited by nudge

26 minutes ago, nudge said:

Finished Around The World in 80 Days, and thought it was great. David Tennant is fantastic, the chemistry between him and the other two main actors (Ibrahim Koma & Leonie Benesch) is perfect, the blend of humour and emotion is very well balanced, and Hans Zimmer score is outstanding. The whole adventure is just fun to watch. Great news that Season 2 has already been greenlit, and that they will adapt another Jules Verne novel (Journey to the Centre of the Earth) for it. Hopefully with the same cast. 

WIth Disney+ filming Nautilus, it looks like adventure genre and particularly Jules Verne adaptations are set for a revival. 

How many episodes are there??? I have seen 2 so far

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

How many episodes are there??? I have seen 2 so far

8 episodes in total! The whole season was released by ZDF earlier in December in Germany, whereas BBC has only two episodes out so far. I think the next one comes out tomorrow!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Somo om Netflix, only 8 episodes. True story about the 2011 massacre in Allende, Mexico, by the Zetas drug cartel. THis isn't like Narcos, it's slow with the odd touch of action and killings. Most killings happen in the final episode. Really sad story with great character relationships - 8.5/10.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, MUFC said:

Me and my brother got ready to watch Snowpiercer season 2. Anyway, it was removed on 1st Jan ☹😡

Really? How weird... Still available on my Netflix. Season 3 starts next Tuesday, too.

• Subscriber

Just wrapped up Mr Robot. Man what a series. This is definitely one of the top couple series ive seen in recent years. I love the unpredictability of it all and the end reveal is just chef's kiss. Highly, highly recommend. Rami Malek is so, so good.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

Archive 81 - Only 8 episodes, but this is really good. The switching of stories of the 2 main characters and the method of communication between them makes this a cleverly made series. Last 20 minutes was tense, there will be a second season.