talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Started watching V a while ago as I haven't watched it before when it originally aired. Halfway through Season 1, it's really good...

I take it that is the 2009 series? We have watched the original 1984 version, not bad and worth a watch.

Edited by CaaC (John)

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yep, this one: https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1307824/

Really enjoying it so far...

Liz doesn't normally like watching shows like this but she would sit down with me on a Friday night and watch the 1984 version, a bottle of wine, crisps and peanuts went down a treat in the good old days. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086822/

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

Liz doesn't normally like watching shows like this but she would sit down with me on a Friday night and watch the 1984 version, a bottle of wine, crisps and peanuts went down a treat in the good old days. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086822/

That one is actually a continuation of this one: https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0085106/

:D

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, MUFC said:

Archive 81 - Only 8 episodes, but this is really good. The switching of stories of the 2 main characters and the method of communication between them makes this a cleverly made series. Last 20 minutes was tense, there will be a second season.

8.3/10.

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, nudge said:

Started watching V a while ago as I haven't watched it before when it originally aired. Halfway through Season 1, it's really good...

Morena Baccarin does a good job of playing the primary antagonist. I remember watching it and thinking they were going to follow in the footsteps of the original which im glad they totally didnt.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Morena Baccarin does a good job of playing the primary antagonist. I remember watching it and thinking they were going to follow in the footsteps of the original which im glad they totally didnt.

She's creepy af, fantastic acting indeed! I haven't watched the original, either... 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:

She's creepy af, fantastic acting indeed! I haven't watched the original, either... 

I'd avoid the original its a bit slow but its good sci-fi for its time and yes she is creepy AF with her body language and more importantly the way her eyes scan the room in certain sequences. Also helps that shes hot and has the body-features to pull off the role required.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Been watching The Teacher on Channel 5 this week with Sheridan Smith. Not bad so far!

It's good, the subject matter is heavy but the story is really hotting up now.

Not used to seeing good acting and a decent drama on channel 5.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, nudge said:

@CaaC (John), check out Reacher on Amazon Prime. New series, just released today, should be your cup of tea!

I've seen a clip and yes much closer yet we have gone from a short guy to a bodybuilder with fair hair. I'm sure Reacher had dark hair and though no was no weakling was not a bodybuilder either.

Still suppose the fight scenes look more authentic. 

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, nudge said:

@CaaC (John), check out Reacher on Amazon Prime. New series, just released today, should be your cup of tea!

Aye, my son just told me too and I am going to watch it tonight once our grandson hits the pillow as he is here for the night, that guy shits all over Cruise as Reacher, the actor Alan Ritchson is 6ft 2inc AND built like a brick shithouse. xD

download.png

download (1).png

Edited by CaaC (John)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Waylander said:

I've seen a clip and yes much closer yet we have gone from a short guy to a bodybuilder with fair hair. I'm sure Reacher had dark hair and though no was no weakling was not a bodybuilder either.

Still suppose the fight scenes look more authentic. 

That first series is based on the first book of Reacher by Child, I would imagine the book being better which I have read a few times but anything is better than watching Cruise as Reacher.

download.png

• Subscriber

Bloody hell, I am hooked on this series of Reacher now played by Alan Ritchson and he fits the character brilliantly, just finished episode 4 and I will finish the rest tomorrow, a lot of good humour in it and a few laughs too, @nudge and @Waylander watch it, I reckon you will like it, Tom Cruise can take a running fucking jump.

Can't say it's the same as the book but all films are like that, still enjoy the episodes, our son watched the whole series in one hit and enjoyed them. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Bloody hell, I am hooked on this series of Reacher now played by Alan Ritchson and he fits the character brilliantly, just finished episode 4 and I will finish the rest tomorrow, a lot of good humour in it and a few laughs too, @nudge and @Waylander watch it, I reckon you will like it, Tom Cruise can take a running fucking jump.

Can't say it's the same as the book but all films are like that, still enjoy the episodes, our son watched the whole series in one hit and enjoyed them. 

Haha, I knew you'd like it. My father watched it last night and so I caught bits of it too; really well done. Great music, too! 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, nudge said:

Haha, I knew you'd like it. My father watched it last night and so I caught bits of it too; really well done. Great music, too! 

I pissed myself laughing at this bit and so did our son when he was watching it in his room lying in bed. xD

Spoiler

One of the bits in it he shot 2 guys and tried stuffing them in the boot of a car, one would not fit so he broke his leg and hooked it over his body to get it in when he showed the policewomen Roscoe, she looked at him with a shocked look and he looked at her and smiled as if to say "had to do that to fit him in", reading all his books like I have he has done that a few times when he popped someone off. xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

That's the Reacher series watched (8 episodes) and I can gladly say Ritchson IS REACHER, when I read any more of Child books on Reacher I will visualise Ritchson as the latter and the end bit was exactly like in the book, brutal and Reacher avenged his brother Joe's death, roll on the next series.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, MUFC said:

Anyone seen a series called Apaches? Guy who plays El Pacho in Narcos is the main actor. Watched 2 episodes and is good. True test of loyalty and friendship.

Watched 3 out of 12 episodes. Not usually a fan of backstories, but this series times them really well. It's emotionally draining, regarding the father. Won't go into detail though.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, MUFC said:

Anyone seen a series called Apaches? Guy who plays El Pacho in Narcos is the main actor. Watched 2 episodes and is good. True test of loyalty and friendship.

I googled it hoping it's a series about the Apache (as in Native American tribe). Imagine my disappointment xD

• Haha 1