talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

Did anyone watch that resident evil series? I'd give it 6 and a half out of 10. Which considering how much I like zombie stuff is really low. It's been very unpopular with fans. Although part of that is probably because it is set in a different place to the game and has a black female lead role which means some people will automatically hate it. 

I would probably still watch another season if one is made but it's not great 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I did watch it when I was young. Some of the characters in it now were in it when I watched it which was before the turn of the century 

You remember Annalise the milf?

• 4 weeks later...

I've caught a few of those Wheeler Dealer series where they buy popular older cars and aim to restore them making a profit.

I did a few things on an old Cortina back in the day before realising that was not my thing yet do enjoy seeing what they do to these cars to get them ship shaped and make some money.

Of course it help to a have a decent workshop with a car lifting contraption.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheeler_Dealers

19 hours ago, Waylander said:

I've caught a few of those Wheeler Dealer series where they buy popular older cars and aim to restore them making a profit.

I did a few things on an old Cortina back in the day before realising that was not my thing yet do enjoy seeing what they do to these cars to get them ship shaped and make some money.

Of course it help to a have a decent workshop with a car lifting contraption.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheeler_Dealers

I love Wheeler Dealer used to watch it on Discovery/History not certain on which channel.

I did watch that resident evil series. I'd give it an kit 6 1/2 out of 10 which is quite a low score for a zombie programme as I live the zombie genre. Particularly when it is fast zombies. It's been cancelled though due to poor audience reception and low ratings which is annoying because it was left on a cliffhanger.

Just started watching better than us which is a russian programme based on the I Robot books. @nudge @CaaC (John) you might like it I think you two like that kind of thing 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Just started watching better than us which is a russian programme based on the I Robot books. @nudge @CaaC (John) you might like it I think you two like that kind of thing 

I considered giving it a go, but the concept was too similar to the two previous Swedish and British series that dealt with the same topics, so I decided against it. Any good?

Just now, nudge said:

I considered giving it a go, but the concept was too similar to the two previous Swedish and British series that dealt with the same topics, so I decided against it. Any good?

I think its quite different to humans if that is what you are referring to and worth a watch. As I said it's based on the I robot book. 

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I think its quite different to humans if that is what you are referring to and worth a watch. As I said it's based on the I robot book. 

They are all based on Asimov works to a certain degree; at least when it comes to his Three Laws of Robotics. I haven't watched Humans, but it was a UK remake of the Swedish original series Real Humans (Äkta människor) which I loved... I might check out Better Than Us at some point, but the premise sounds too similar for my liking, even if the storyline is quite different. Thanks for recommendation though!

Edited by nudge

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

AAAAQYA4JOP5sYdjCq5-wUSe_VuFCcNZGTt_kk0y

Finished watching Thai Cave Rescue, a Netflix mini-series about the Tham Luang cave rescue of 12 kids and their football coach 4 years ago. Written completely from a Thai perspective, I thought it was a great watch and a good portrayal of the actual rescue mission with some fictional characters and some other liberties taken for the sake of dramatisation. Binged all 6 hour-long episodes in two nights...

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@nudge you call 6 hours over 2 nights a  binge watch. You lightweight. I did squid game in one night. Ha ha 

Yeah, it's a bit pathetic, I'm disgusted with myself. To put things into perspective though, I started watching at 5am on both occasions, and went to bed after 8am, so I think I deserve bonus points for that xD

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Watched the first episode of Tulsa King yesterday. Created by Taylor Sheridan and starring Sylvester Stallone, who plays a New York mafia capo released from prison after 25 years and sent to Tulsa to set up his business there. Didn't have any expectations for it, but ended up really enjoying the first episode. Basically, a pulpy, brainless gangster dramedy. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16358384/

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...