talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• 3 weeks later...

Twin Peaks

Honestly having a hard time struggling through this, especially now that the supposed 'best' part of the series is apparently behind me. I get that it's old but there's shows from around the same era that aged much more gracefully. I don't get the appeal and the criticisms I see online are primarily discarded with variations of 'it's supposed to suck.'

It's sad because it inspired a lot media that I do enjoy, so I was more than ready to enjoy this, but alas.

Edited by Panflute
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Season 2 of Alice in Borderlands dropped on netflix a month ish or so ago? About 4 episodes in and so far so good.

For anyone interested its kind of a Japanese ish Squid Games of sorts. Based on a popular manga (I think they have 5 or so volumes out) takes place in Tokyo when seemingly 95% of the population vanishes in the blink of an eye. The remaining people are forced to take part in a variety of games of varying degrees of requirements and skill levels. From puzzle games to trust games to memory games. The only common denominator is if you lose the game you die and their forced to compete, as they complete games they earn essentially survival time. The games are all centered around cards; different numbers represent the difficulty level of the game and the suit represents the style of game. For example a 4 of hearts would represent 4 on the difficulty level and the hearts I forget what exactly but say a thats a physical game. As they complete games they earn say 4 or 5 days or something meaning they wont have to compete for more "time" until the end of that. If you run out of "time" you die. I wont say much too more but its interesting enough as the people are trying to figure out whats happend in the world and where they are and what the purpose of it all is as well as fight to survive.

Rewatching The X-Files. This must be my third time, although I've only ever watched up to season 7. This time I intend to watch all of it, including the new seasons.

A few episodes in I'm already super into it again. It's just so fun and well-written. It really is my comfort food of television.

• Upvote 3

On 19/01/2023 at 17:56, Viva la FCB said:

Season 2 of Alice in Borderlands dropped on netflix a month ish or so ago? About 4 episodes in and so far so good.

For anyone interested its kind of a Japanese ish Squid Games of sorts. Based on a popular manga (I think they have 5 or so volumes out) takes place in Tokyo when seemingly 95% of the population vanishes in the blink of an eye. The remaining people are forced to take part in a variety of games of varying degrees of requirements and skill levels. From puzzle games to trust games to memory games. The only common denominator is if you lose the game you die and their forced to compete, as they complete games they earn essentially survival time. The games are all centered around cards; different numbers represent the difficulty level of the game and the suit represents the style of game. For example a 4 of hearts would represent 4 on the difficulty level and the hearts I forget what exactly but say a thats a physical game. As they complete games they earn say 4 or 5 days or something meaning they wont have to compete for more "time" until the end of that. If you run out of "time" you die. I wont say much too more but its interesting enough as the people are trying to figure out whats happend in the world and where they are and what the purpose of it all is as well as fight to survive.

Preferred Season 2 to Season 1 but the plot armour the characters have is pretty insane.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Finished season 2 of The White Lotus over the weekend. I hate the word cringe but it fits perfectly with this show at times, the second hand feels are something else. The second season is just as good as the first with the beautiful backdrop of Sicily. If you haven't experienced the show start with season 1 they arent connected by anything other then being the same fictional hotel chain but both are must indulge tv. 

• Subscriber

Hello Tomorrow!

A new Apple TV+ retro-futuristic series that feels a bit like a mix of Mad Men, Severance, and the Jetsons. Watched first three episodes and I'm hooked. Billy Crudup steals the show with his charisma.

Oh and it has some very strong Fallout vibes!

Edited by nudge
  • Wow 1

• Subscriber

Good tv quiz show this on the BeeB every night hosted by Ross Kemp 

download.png

A quiz show in which a team of four takes on the `Bridge of Lies'. One by one, each team member must face the Bridge. In order to be successful, the team must carefully select who faces each crossing depending on the question category. Each Bridge crossing has 32 potential steps, including 22 truths and 10 lies, and they must cross the Bridge by stepping on the truths and avoiding the lies. In the process, they earn prize money that they will have the chance to claim through a final challenging round.

• Administrator
On 22/02/2023 at 16:36, Viva la FCB said:

Getting to Your Honor next with Bryan Cranston. Interesting enough story, well see how it plays out. I believe they just dropped season 2.

Good programme. Ending was quite dramatic if I remember correctly, but not sure it needed to go so far. I think it started off slow, too but the story is strong enough to keep you going.

Sadly S2 is on Paramount which I don't have :(

• Upvote 1

Just finished watching Invasion on Apple TV. It's apparently had middle of the range reviews but I really enjoyed it, liked that it focus' more on the human aspect of an alien invasion rather than going all guns blazing straight off the bat. There were 4 main storylines that the series follows through and I only found one of them difficult to care about, the other 3 were well scripted, interesting and made the prospect of an alien invasion more interesting when you get to view it through different lenses.

• Upvote 1

On 13/02/2023 at 16:44, Viva la FCB said:

Finished season 2 of The White Lotus over the weekend. I hate the word cringe but it fits perfectly with this show at times, the second hand feels are something else. The second season is just as good as the first with the beautiful backdrop of Sicily. If you haven't experienced the show start with season 1 they arent connected by anything other then being the same fictional hotel chain but both are must indulge tv. 

I really liked series 2, thought it was a lot better than the first tbh. For me the first series peaked mid-season with that scene and then it just became a bit ordinary. Season 2 though had me hooked all the way through, I like how rather than turn it into a murder mystery, they use the murder to improve all of the stories that runs around it.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Danny said:

Just finished watching Invasion on Apple TV. It's apparently had middle of the range reviews but I really enjoyed it, liked that it focus' more on the human aspect of an alien invasion rather than going all guns blazing straight off the bat. There were 4 main storylines that the series follows through and I only found one of them difficult to care about, the other 3 were well scripted, interesting and made the prospect of an alien invasion more interesting when you get to view it through different lenses.

I quite enjoyed it too. Not the best series ever, but definitely interesting. 

Hop in here when Season 2 starts...

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Danny said:

I really liked series 2, thought it was a lot better than the first tbh. For me the first series peaked mid-season with that scene and then it just became a bit ordinary. Season 2 though had me hooked all the way through, I like how rather than turn it into a murder mystery, they use the murder to improve all of the stories that runs around it.

Maybe its the characters I liked more in season 1.. definitely Daddario because I love her. I was pretty over Jennifer Coolidge's character at this point and didn't really care alot for the 2 rich couples they had in season 2 either. The whore's however where fantastic. Maybe Armando still takes it but they would be a close second for the best character's in either season. Either way both are excellent watching and something different for once.