talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

24 minutes ago, Stan said:

one of my favourite comedies. Jim (the neighbour) is sensational. 

Love this, too. Series 2 is just as good. Same kind of stuff and doesn't really have anything different from the first, but just good entertaining short programme to watch. I find Aqsa hilarious. And the coppers xD 

The second series is developing the characters a bit more which is good, like the copper and his new "partner" do they say partner in England? xD. Just well written, entertaining and funny to watch. Have to take a break every now and then otherwise I'll just steamroll through the entire thing haha

On 18/02/2019 at 17:03, nudge said:

Watched the premiere of Doom Patrol today. Normally I don't like superhero stuff at all but the premise of this one caught my attention because it's about a band of misfits each of whom suffered a horrible accident at some point that gave them superhuman abilities, but also left them scarred and disfigured. Anyone else watched it yet? Interesting backstories and plenty of dry humour; I really enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. 

Caught the first episode of this last night... weird but interesting.. Brendan Fraser sure has chucked a few on since the Mummy... 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Caught the first episode of this last night... weird but interesting.. Brendan Fraser sure has chucked a few on since the Mummy... 

Haha yeah... I saw him in Condor (which is also a decent action series to be fair) and it took me a while to realise that's actually him haha!

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Haha yeah... I saw him in Condor (which is also a decent action series to be fair) and it took me a while to realise that's actually him haha!

I thought it might have been for the role but after googling him I can see otherwise... since he got passed over for the new mummy film in favour of everybody's favorite actor Tom Cruise I suppose he probably didn't feel the need to keep the fitness regime up... 

• Subscriber

Just watched the pilot episode of Miracle Workers, a new comedy anthology series with Steve Buscemi and Daniel Radcliffe. Frustrated and depressed with the mess that Earth's become, God (played by Buscemi) contemplates destroying it and moving to his next project while two determined angels make a bet with him in order to change his mind.

A bit silly but enjoyable nonetheless.

Just started watching This Country, got to see bits on social media in New Zealand but couldn't watch entire episodes. It's fucking hilarious and borderline genius, anyone from that end of the country or knows people who are must be able to relate to some of the stupid shit they do and say xD

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Onto the second season of Peep Show. Anyone else like it?

Have to say it's not really doing much for me but I'll stick with it.

Loved it when I was a teenager but didn't enjoy the last few seasons. As a result I have a nostalgic love for it. I think if it was new to me now I would struggle to stick with it too though.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Loved it when I was a teenager but didn't enjoy the last few seasons. As a result I have a nostalgic love for it. I think if it was new to me now I would struggle to stick with it too though.

I decided to give it a watch as a couple of mates love it and I know it's highly rated in general. It isn't terrible but I'm struggling to get into it, plus Robert Webb's character grates on me a bit, I don't know why.

Anyway, I'll see if my opinion changes on the series after season 2.

Edited by carefreeluke

2 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Onto the second season of Peep Show. Anyone else like it?

Have to say it's not really doing much for me but I'll stick with it.

I used to like it when it was on but it definitely overran it's course. I'd stick with it for at least another season.

Last decent comedy I saw was probably People Just Do Nothing, which was brilliant. 

If you love mockumentories, I'd recommend.

On 18/02/2019 at 17:03, nudge said:

Watched the premiere of Doom Patrol today. Normally I don't like superhero stuff at all but the premise of this one caught my attention because it's about a band of misfits each of whom suffered a horrible accident at some point that gave them superhuman abilities, but also left them scarred and disfigured. Anyone else watched it yet? Interesting backstories and plenty of dry humour; I really enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. 

Are you still watching this??? weird in places but watchable, enjoyed the 3rd episode... 

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Are you still watching this??? weird in places but watchable, enjoyed the 3rd episode... 

No haven't watched any other episodes bar the pilot.. Been busy lately but will definitely try to catch up. Not many good new shows out there at the moment and this one was decent enough...

• The topic was pinned