talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

7 hours ago, Stan said:

Started watching Cricket Fever on Netflix. Another of those docu-series - the ones that followed Man City, Juventus, Sunderland etc.

This one focuses on Mumbai Indians following their 2017 IPL Victory. Started watching first couple of series and main focuses so far were the auction, Ishan Kishan/Aditya Tare, the Pandya brothers and the first game.

@IgnisExcubitor @AMG @Mel81x @Devil-Dick Willie @Azeem @Asura

Not sure how much you guys watch of the IPL but I know you're all interested in Cricket so may be of interest?

I will pass, I fcuking hate the IPL. 

I suggest you watch Fire in Babylon, if you havent already, which is based on the WI cricket from the past. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Asura said:

I will pass, I fcuking hate the IPL. 

I suggest you watch Fire in Babylon, if you havent already, which is based on the WI cricket from the past. 

Fair enough xD

Sorry, I didn't realise! 

Is Fire in Babylon on Netflix? 

12 hours ago, Stan said:

Started watching Cricket Fever on Netflix. Another of those docu-series - the ones that followed Man City, Juventus, Sunderland etc.

This one focuses on Mumbai Indians following their 2017 IPL Victory. Started watching first couple of series and main focuses so far were the auction, Ishan Kishan/Aditya Tare, the Pandya brothers and the first game.

@IgnisExcubitor @AMG @Mel81x @Devil-Dick Willie @Azeem @Asura

Not sure how much you guys watch of the IPL but I know you're all interested in Cricket so may be of interest?

I wrote about it in the cricket thread. 

As a fan of the Mumbai team, I enjoyed watching it. It's a decent watch, bit like Sunderland Till I Die, because it ends in disappointment. 

Personally thought only Shane Bond, Pollard, Bumrah and Cutting come out looking good from it. Can't say the same about the owners. Also, thought Ishan comes across as a spoilt brat, but to be fair to him he was just seventeen. 

The most interesting moment for me involved Siddhesh Lad and Mahela. That was brutal to watch. I didn't like how coldly Mahela dealt with the situation. He almost seemed dismissive of the lad, but then you have to see things from his perspective, as well. And sometimes it's better to be frank.

A really good watch if you want to know how things work at that level. 

PS: Fire in Babylon is absolutely amazing, by the way. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
On 01/04/2019 at 09:37, MUFC said:

Started Series 4 of Sons Of anarchy, after a 2 month break. Series 4 is my favorite so far, very good.

On 02/04/2019 at 05:42, MUFC said:

Anyone watched sons of anarchy. 

Yep :D

• Subscriber

Just finished the final episode of Race Across the World... Thoroughly enjoyed it; definitely the best show of this type on TV as it feels much more genuine and natural than the others  I've seen before (Amazing Race etc). In the similar series I've seen the participants used to get a lot of help from the locals and had things easier because of the cameras; this seems less like it and when I saw one team getting completely ripped off by the bus company and tuktuk drivers as well as for the taxi from Cambodia to the Thailand border without them even knowing it, I knew this is definitely not staged xD Also was fun to see and recognise most of the places in Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand; I even know where I was at the time when they were filming it there :D  Love the character development and relationship dynamics of the participants; really great watch. Just read that the producers are already looking for new participants for the second series; good to hear it will be coming back! 

@Pyfish have you watched the rest of it? 

• Subscriber
On 08/04/2019 at 04:09, nudge said:

This looks good. The pilot episode is now out; will check it out tomorrow...

Just watched it and I'm sold. A sort of wild west + Gangs of New York + Boardwalk Empire + Black Sails + Into the Badlands + Banshee + Bruce Lee mix that's got solid fight choreography without it being silly, great music score, good acting and interesting story and characters. The setting of the Chinatown in late 1800s San Francisco is done beautifully. 

Think you might enjoy it too fellas. @Bluewolf @Viva la FCB @Tommy

• Wow 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Just watched it and I'm sold. A sort of wild west + Gangs of New York + Boardwalk Empire + Black Sails + Into the Badlands + Banshee + Bruce Lee mix that's got solid fight choreography without it being silly, great music score, good acting and interesting story and characters. The setting of the Chinatown in late 1800s San Francisco is done beautifully. 

Think you might enjoy it too fellas. @Bluewolf @Viva la FCB @Tommy

Saw a brief write up on this a little while ago so will give it a watch now you recommend it.. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Saw a brief write up on this a little while ago so will give it a watch now you recommend it.. 

Yes, I was skeptical at first as despite Bruce Lee being cool, martial art movies from the 70s were a bit silly and the acting was mediocre to put it mildly... But this one actually manages to not overdo the fighting scenes and the story has a lot of layers as there's a lot of going on... Love it so far.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Yes, I was skeptical at first as despite Bruce Lee being cool, martial art movies from the 70s were a bit silly and the acting was mediocre to put it mildly... But this one actually manages to not overdo the fighting scenes and the story has a lot of layers as there's a lot of going on... Love it so far.

" I didn't travel halfway across the world just to amuse a few white fat fucks.. " xD

2 hours ago, nudge said:

Really enjoyed it... Cheers for the heads up :D

Great to see Hoon Lee again as well, thought his character in Banshee was brilliant, The whole warrior idea was based on a Bruce Lee script and was something he worked on for a tv series idea that they eventually turned into 'Kung Fu' with David Carradine back in the day, They opted for Carradine over Lee because they did not believe that the American public would embrace it with an Asian in the lead role... Looks like finally someone is doing it the justice it deserved.. 

One other thing.. I had to watch half of it with my eyes shut, never seen so many naked womens bodies in one hour... Not sure I can continue watching if that's going to keep being part of the series... Obviously I will have to watch at least another 6 or 7 episodes at least to fully make up my mind on that score.. :ph34r:

Seriously good stuff.. 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Like 1

• Subscriber
On 08/04/2019 at 20:34, nudge said:

Just finished the final episode of Race Across the World... Thoroughly enjoyed it; definitely the best show of this type on TV as it feels much more genuine and natural than the others  I've seen before (Amazing Race etc). In the similar series I've seen the participants used to get a lot of help from the locals and had things easier because of the cameras; this seems less like it and when I saw one team getting completely ripped off by the bus company and tuktuk drivers as well as for the taxi from Cambodia to the Thailand border without them even knowing it, I knew this is definitely not staged xD Also was fun to see and recognise most of the places in Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand; I even know where I was at the time when they were filming it there :D  Love the character development and relationship dynamics of the participants; really great watch. Just read that the producers are already looking for new participants for the second series; good to hear it will be coming back! 

@Pyfish have you watched the rest of it? 

Been busy lately but actually watching an episode now. One of the radio stations I work for ruined the winners for me by having them in as a guest this morning... 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Just finished the whole Season 1 of Hanna... Brilliant show and just heard it's been renewed for season two already! 

They have been advertising the hell out of it over here, haven't watched it yet though. 

I finally saw, Bird Box last night, which I guess isn't a 'series', but since it's on Netflix, what the hell. Anyways, I honestly don't understand all the hype around it. A whole lot of 'meh' for me. 

• The topic was pinned