talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

57 minutes ago, nudge said:

Nah; never made it past episode 5 or 6... Twice. It's just too weird and too trippy for me.

Fuck it I’ll do you a deal, push on and finish season 2 and I’ll watch any programme of your choice. Name a few and the one I like the sound of least I’ll give it a go

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Fuck it I’ll do you a deal, push on and finish season 2 and I’ll watch any programme of your choice. Name a few and the one I like the sound of least I’ll give it a go

Hehe what if I made you rewatch LOST? :o :P 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I’d enjoy it by and large

Hmmm that wouldn't be a fair deal then...Alright I'll give you a few other options to choose from then:

Westworld
Missions (I think it's relatively unknown and maybe hard to find - it's this one: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6445112/)
The Expanse
Wayne
Cobra Kai

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Hmmm that wouldn't be a fair deal then...Alright I'll give you a few other options to choose from then:

Westworld
Missions (I think it's relatively unknown and maybe hard to find - it's this one: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6445112/)
The Expanse
Wayne
Cobra Kai

I like westworld, I have the first expanse book so haven’t bothered with the series yet. 

Missions or Wayne I’ll give a go, your call

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I like westworld, I have the first expanse book so haven’t bothered with the series yet. 

Missions or Wayne I’ll give a go, your call

Wayne it is then... 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Ok I’ll give you a 2-3 week period to get till the end of leftovers s2 then and I’ll get Wayne done

Deal... although it might take me longer than that depending on my work load...

1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Just got hold of all seasons of Last Man Standing . As a fan of Home Improvement, I am thoroughly enjoying this. The same kind of humour, except Tim Allen has three daughters instead of three sons now. 

Used to really enjoy Home Improvement so gave that a watch and the first season was pretty decent then they changed one of the daughters for the second season and have not seen any after that... 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Used to really enjoy Home Improvement so gave that a watch and the first season was pretty decent then they changed one of the daughters for the second season and have not seen any after that... 

Yeah, I read they changed the oldest. It's not as quality as Home Improvement but the comparison can be unfair. Home Improvement was one of the all time best sitcoms. This one is light entertainment, but good fun so far. I am still half way through the first. Will tell you how the other seasons go. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

@nudge so I watched the first episode of Wayne as it’s free, it’s good I’ll persevere with this I just need to find a good piracy avenue to finish it 

Glad you liked it; I binged it all in one night when it was released and think it's extremely underrated...

Must say I haven't made any progress on The Leftovers yet... :7_sweat_smile: I will eventually though...

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

@nudge

Another Life ( 10 episodes ) probably more up your street than 'The Boy's' at least.. B|

Haha... actually watched it already; was quite excited after the trailer and the main actress played in Battlestar Galactica so I thought I was going to enjoy it. Stopped watching after 3 episodes. Good premise (although not too original), but I got annoyed at the constant fighting, shouting, screaming, bickering among the team members who all have a combined maturity of a toddler and the lack of anything else in the story line. It's like 90210 teen melodrama in space. Wouldn't recommend...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Haha... actually watched it already; was quite excited after the trailer and the main actress played in Battlestar Galactica so I thought I was going to enjoy it. Stopped watching after 3 episodes. Good premise (although not too original), but I got annoyed at the constant fighting, shouting, screaming, bickering among the team members who all have a combined maturity of a toddler and the lack of anything else in the story line. It's like 90210 teen melodrama in space. Wouldn't recommend...

Right, might explain the low review scoring then... 

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Right, might explain the low review scoring then... 

Yeah don't waste your time with it. Some shows are pretty meh but can still be entertaining; this one just got on my nerves.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Just finished watching season 2 of The Chi It feels very much like The Wire light. If youre a fan of the The Wire id recommend checking it out. While obviously not as great, its got alot of the same feel and is a bit lighter as It follows a small group of kids as one of the main characters among others. Solid acting and a pretty varied story, id say it kept my interest through both seasons so far.

Basically the jist of it; It centers around a drug gang in Chicago, the story gets set up around two murders of a young and older teenager, It follows an intersecting storyline of about half a dozen characters from there. The only downside is season 3 is a bit aways as season 2 just wrapped up. 

Edited by Viva la FCB

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was pinned