talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, nudge said:

Tried watching Star Trek Discovery but quit after two episodes  as I was starting to cheer for the Klingons and hoping they'd smash the Federation.

All I have ever watched which I have mentioned here before is...

• Star Trek - The Next Generation
  • "              " - Voyager
  • "              " - Deep Space Nine

I tried to watch the following series Enterprise and all the rest but just could not get into them, The Next Generation was the best for me and always will be.

18 hours ago, Tommy said:

Started watching Fargo a few days ago. Still in Season 1, but it's exceptional. Not quite like anything I've watched before. Funny, dark, mysterious.. I really like it. 

You are in for a treat. The first two seasons are brilliant. The third is good too, but the first two are perfection. 

• Upvote 2

On 04/09/2019 at 16:49, Mel81x said:

News on the internet is stating that Netflix are going to do away with releasing all the episodes of some of their popular shows in on release and instead move to a weekly release schedule. I don’t think that’s a bad idea honestly and it will keep engagement numbers high. It does, however, stop all the binge watching.

I think that's a great move from Netflix. I was lamenting the other day that there won't be another game of thrones level hysteria show because these days the initial buzz fades out and people binge in their own time...

I like the communal water cooler gossip nature of tv that used to exist so it'll be good to see how this goes for the new release shows...

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think that's a great move from Netflix. I was lamenting the other day that there won't be another game of thrones level hysteria show because these days the initial buzz fades out and people binge in their own time...

I like the communal water cooler gossip nature of tv that used to exist so it'll be good to see how this goes for the new release shows...

I don't have any issues with a streaming service shifting their content dispersal schedule. I think it bodes well for hit shows and allows them to also get better audience engagement. The upside is that users are now going to watch more shows as a result of the wait game period (possibly) and you get to plug a hit show for a longer period as well. The real question is whether an individual would want to keep the subscription active for that long just to wait it out if there isn't enough engaging content.

12 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

You are in for a treat. The first two seasons are brilliant. The third is good too, but the first two are perfection. 

Glad to hear that. Didn't know what to watch, and heard good things about it. Started with the 2nd season of 13 Reasons Why but after 30 seconds in I already felt like they're trying to shove their SJW bullshit down my throat, so I went with Fargo. Really happy I did. 

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Cicero said:

That was the one thing that Netflix had the edge over. Think it’s a terrible idea 

The binge watches? Yeah I suppose you're right but you also have to take into account that with all these streaming services popping up you have to retain users not lose them. The idea that Disney will be able to yank most of their content due to rights is scary considering how many shows Netflix has with the Marvel moniker attached and they have to diversify. In the end I think they will split it down the middle based on some weird upper-management decision giving users some shows that they can binge watch while others they'll want to run the weekly release to keep the user-base interested. 

The other chance is that they'll reduce the cost of the service as a result to compensate for what users might think is an unnecessary monthly expense. 

Finished the first Season of Fargo last night. Soooooo good. Billy Bob Thornton was extraordinary in this show. His character was so intense and unpredictable, loved it. Thornton should have won every possible award for his portrayal. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Finished the first Season of Fargo last night. Soooooo good. Billy Bob Thornton was extraordinary in this show. His character was so intense and unpredictable, loved it. Thornton should have won every possible award for his portrayal. 

Thought the first series was superb... 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Really enjoyed that first time around... such a long time ago but the comeback looks good

Channel 4 stopped it, then Drake, after watching it, said that it was far too good to end it there, bought the rights and brought it back. Fair play to Drake(and Netflix) for that.

The first episode is actually on there tomorrow.

The only thing I don't get on that trailer, is what happened to the Albanians? In the last season the Albanians were out to kill them and then it ended on a cliff hanger. Also it may lose some of its true grit realism it had and become more 'Americanised' in this series now that it's produced by Drake. It should still be good and worth the watch though.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Channel 4 stopped it, then Drake, after watching it, said that it was far too good to end it there, bought the rights and brought it back. Fair play to Drake(and Netflix) for that.

The first episode is actually on there tomorrow.

The only thing I don't get on that trailer, is what happened to the Albanians? In the last season the Albanians were out to kill them and then it ended on a cliff hanger. Also it may lose some of its true grit realism it had and become more 'Americanised' in this series now that it's produced by Drake. It should still be good and worth the watch though.

I hope not, I watched the trailer for it this morning... caught it on IMDb

• The topic was pinned