talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

In this case, almost two years behind

Really!!! I didn't know that.. xD

My daughter has got me a new TV for Christmas and it's got Netflix on it and she suggested it to me as something I might like... Thought it was fairly recent,  The gap between us widening even more... :ph34r:

• Subscriber

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Really!!! I didn't know that.. xD

My daughter has got me a new TV for Christmas and it's got Netflix on it and she suggested it to me as something I might like... Thought it was fairly recent,  The gap between us widening even more... :ph34r:

A new TV, nice! 

Yeah; it came out in 2018. I quite liked it but also thought it got a bit crappy towards the end... still an enjoyable series for sure!

Talking about the gap, you're probably way ahead of me when it comes to Lost in Space. I tried watching it again and barely got through Episode 1... and then turned it off in the middle of the next one. Sadly it's a big disappointment to me. 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

A new TV, nice! 

Yeah; it came out in 2018. I quite liked it but also thought it got a bit crappy towards the end... still an enjoyable series for sure!

Talking about the gap, you're probably way ahead of me when it comes to Lost in Space. I tried watching it again and barely got through Episode 1... and then turned it off in the middle of the next one. Sadly it's a big disappointment to me. 

Finished it this afternoon funny enough.... got mixed feelings about it to be honest

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Just on episode 2 and there are so many naked and near naked ladies I am not sure I will be able to watch anymore.... 2 seasons worth, it's going to be a struggle for sure B|

If I could manage with watching (near) naked Tom Hardy in Taboo then I'm sure you'll be able to deal with this as well! :D 

• Haha 1

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Anyone watching or seen 'Altered Carbon' 

Just watching the first one now... looks very interesting... you might like this @nudge

I started it but lost interest after a few episodes. However I think that may have been down to other programmes coming to the fore and being more interested in them. Never really got back in to it again though. I do like Joel Kinnaman as an actor though since seeing him in The Killing and House of Cards. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Stan said:

Have started watching The Crown as the missus was in to it. Didn't think I'd enjoy it and now I'm gripped to it as much as she is. Blitzing through first season already. 

Watched it last night with the wife breezed through about 6 episodes before we hit the sack, spotted John Lithgow from 'The Third Rock From The Sun' as Sir Winston Churchill, brilliant, and we quite enjoyed it.

Just watched yesterday's doctor who. I thought it was a massive improvement on the last season already as I preferred that episode to any of the last season's. I think they have listened to what fans have said.

• Subscriber
On 30/12/2019 at 13:56, Stan said:

Have started watching The Crown as the missus was in to it. Didn't think I'd enjoy it and now I'm gripped to it as much as she is. Blitzing through first season already. 

The wife is going potty over this show lol, I can't keep up with her as when I hit the sack she keeps watching episode after episode, I am way, way behind in the series xD

• Administrator
3 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

The wife is going potty over this show lol, I can't keep up with her as when I hit the sack she keeps watching episode after episode, I am way, way behind in the series xD

Got to halfway through season 2 so far. Couple of boring episodes but then it seems to rescue itself in the next. Finding out a lot about the Royal family and how it coped with matters internally and externally which I didn't know before. Like I had no idea what Princess Margaret was like with her behaviour and choices in life and how she was denied her marriage. 

And also how the Queen discusses things with the PM... And that makes me even less keen if Boris if she still has to deal with it in the same way xD

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

True, a couple of boring episodes but just watching John Lithgow as Churchill makes up for the boring episodes, the London smog crises and a few more episodes opened my eyes and as I said to the wife it's all History really and a bloody good series. 

Starting watching: “Don’t Fuck With Cats” on Netflix

Pretty interesting documentary miniseries about a real life group of nerds that helped catch a killer, which started by tracking him posting videos of cats that he killed, but eventually he moves onto people

• Administrator
On 24/12/2019 at 15:53, Stan said:

Just started watching Don't Fuck With Cats on Netflix.

Tis fucked up.

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Starting watching: “Don’t Fuck With Cats” on Netflix

Pretty interesting documentary miniseries about a real life group of nerds that helped catch a killer, which started by tracking him posting videos of cats that he killed, but eventually he moves onto people

Treated myself before Christmas to watch this. Absolutely mad what Magnotta got up to. Definitely fucked in the head.

Saw Dracula on BBC

Have to say, Episode 1 was fantastic TV. I loved the mood they created, very eerie and the story set the bar high. 9/10

Episode 2. Carrying on from the first although not quite as good, but maintaining the interest 7.5/10.

Episode 3. It was like drunk sex. Trying to perform but just couldn't get it up. So so disappointing 4/10

This could have gone down as a bloody terrific mini series, no pun intended.

But the twist they used and the path the show took was completely the wrong one and for me, tainted the overall rating.

Shame. It's always more disappointing when a show grabs you, lifts you up high and then drops you from a great height.