talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

12 minutes ago, nudge said:

Just started watching The New Legends of Monkey. Loved the original and this looks like a fun remake so far.

@Bluewolf you might enjoy this...

Blimey…  xD I remember the original one of that, I will defo give that a watch.. it used to be on with another one called the 'Water Margin' They also had 'Pig' and another one that was good with water but can't remember his name.... 

" Born from an egg on a mountain top, Funkiest Monkey that ever Rocked" B|

• Like 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Blimey…  xD I remember the original one of that, I will defo give that a watch.. it used to be on with another one called the 'Water Margin' They also had 'Pig' and another one that was good with water but can't remember his name.... 

" Born from an egg on a mountain top, Funkiest Monkey that ever Rocked" B|

Yep that's the original one I was referring to :D Also the one that was good with water was called Sandy I think???

Good memories. 

• Like 1

Of all the series I have watched in the last couple of months...

Jack Ryan is a must watch.

Power is good if you have the time to power through it 

Ozark is very good. Well worth catching up before season three.

Friday Night Dinner as a comedy gets better.

Enjoyed the first season of Travellers.

I'd avoid The Stranger, You, The Messiah and The OA. All showed promise at points but overall was left underwhelmed.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

On the 4th episode... The gang are back together... B| Good to see they have managed to keep the light hearted elements from the original alive... 

I'm on Episode 8 myself :D Love the tone of it too; as you said it's a good throwback to the original and it's good to see the show not taking itself too seriously... ^_^ Campy fantasy adventure; perfect for an easy late night watch. Would definitely watch this with my hypothetical kids xD  Hope there will be Season 2 at some point. 
I also love the character of that inn keeper; Monica I think?

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'm on Episode 8 myself :D Love the tone of it too; as you said it's a good throwback to the original and it's good to see the show not taking itself too seriously... ^_^ Campy fantasy adventure; perfect for an easy late night watch. Would definitely watch this with my hypothetical kids xD  Hope there will be Season 2 at some point. 
I also love the character of that inn keeper; Monica I think?

Yea, that's it... episodes are not too long either which makes them an easy watch, One more episode then time for some kip... 

• Upvote 1

On 17/02/2020 at 00:12, nudge said:

I just finished it all! :D 

Off shift again now so will finish this off tonight... Also I couldn't help get the feeling that I recognised the innkeeper Monica's voice from somewhere and then remembered where I had seen her before, She played the mad Social Worker woman in Hunt for the Wilderpeople….  ( Rachel House ) All that makeup threw me but her voice is quite distinctive... B|

All I keep hearing in my head now is "Ricky Baker, He's a bad egg" xD

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Off shift again now so will finish this off tonight... Also I couldn't help get the feeling that I recognised the innkeeper Monica's voice from somewhere and then remembered where I had seen her before, She played the mad Social Worker woman in Hunt for the Wilderpeople….  ( Rachel House ) All that makeup threw me but her voice is quite distinctive... B|

All I keep hearing in my head now is "Ricky Baker, He's a bad egg" xD

I must admit I haven't got a slightest idea what any of that is xD 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

I must admit I haven't got a slightest idea what any of that is xD 

It was one of those little gems that you might normally miss but it was on Channel 4 last year and it was on in the background while I was finishing some work but it caught my attention so much I stopped doing my work and watched the whole thing.. xD really enjoyed it.. 

Basically Ricky Baker the young lad is on his last chance with the courts for bad behaviour so they stick him with Sam Neill and his wife in the middle of nowhere hoping he can come good but something happens ( no Spoilers ) and they end up going on the run in the wilderness being pursued by his Social Worker ( Rachel House ) and the authorities the whole time... funny and enjoyable stuff! Would recommend especially as there are no scary bits... B|

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It was one of those little gems that you might normally miss but it was on Channel 4 last year and it was on in the background while I was finishing some work but it caught my attention so much I stopped doing my work and watched the whole thing.. xD really enjoyed it.. 

Basically Ricky Baker the young lad is on his last chance with the courts for bad behaviour so they stick him with Sam Neill and his wife in the middle of nowhere hoping he can come good but something happens ( no Spoilers ) and they end up going on the run in the wilderness being pursued by his Social Worker ( Rachel House ) and the authorities the whole time... funny and enjoyable stuff! Would recommend especially as there are no scary bits... B|

Thanks; it makes more sense now :D Will have to check it out.

• Subscriber
On 11/02/2020 at 13:59, Tommy said:

Finished the first season of Ozark tonight. Brilliant stuff. 

It was a nice surprise. The second season doesnt lose a beat either. I just hate waiting like a year minimum for the next seasons of all this stuff xD

Also @True Blue watch Rome. Ive been meaning to go back and rewatch it. Its a quality show with a short run but well worth it. The characters are all great, the acting was top notch. One of the original gems of HBO. 

• Upvote 1

Finished the 2nd season of Ozark last night, what a series. It's been a while since I've been so addicted to a series, since I'm usually not a binge watcher. Fantastic stuff! Very unpredictable and gripping. 

I love Ruth. :x

Heard a lot of hype about The Stranger.

Not gonna lie, thoroughly disappointed. Far too many unanswered questions and things that didn't make sense. 

Literally one episode where I thought, ok this is finally hotting up, and that was the penultimate one. Even the 'cliffhanger' at the end was drab. 

Definitely won't be recommending this.

Massively overrated.

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Not gonna lie, thoroughly disappointed. Far too many unanswered questions and things that didn't make sense. 

Literally one episode where I thought, ok this is finally hotting up, and that was the penultimate one. Even the 'cliffhanger' at the end was drab. 

Massively overrated.

Cheers for your sacrifice. Was tempted to watch. 

On 21/02/2020 at 23:07, Lucas said:

Massively overrated.

I felt it was like your standard BBC series. When you break it down, a lot of the scenes were just filler scenes with no purpose and the ending was a draped.

Watched the end of Travellers earlier today. Must say after a very good first series, and a very good end to the second series, I found the way they ended it all as very underwhelming. There wasnt really anything clever about it and it felt like a lot of the story became a waste of time.

If you want to watch a Netflix series, go for Ozark.

7 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I felt it was like your standard BBC series. When you break it down, a lot of the scenes were just filler scenes with no purpose and the ending was a draped.

That's a good point. It actually could have been a lot better condensed into a 3 part series, 4 tops.

But I think Netflix like these things to be 8-10 episodes long to fit in with this 'binge watch' culture we have.

• 2 weeks later...