talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, nudge said:

Gave up on American Gods after three episodes, it's just too crazy and in my opinion, doesn't do justice to the book... Ian McShane as Wednesday is brilliant though, as is Pablo Schreiber's portrayal of Mad Sweeney/Leprechaun.

Starting Le Mans: Racing is Everything now, new docuseries, just enough time to get hyped for 24 hours of Le Mans next weekend, hehe.

Just watched the latest episode of The Son, easily one of the best shows currently on TV for me, @Viva la FCB you have to check it out if you haven't yet!!!

Im on it, still have only watched the first. Had some troubles finding steady streams for the second episode and ive been watching the stanley cup playoffs i will have time now though!

• Subscriber

Had some strange TV habits lately. Saw Mad Dogs was on Now TV so gave that a re-watch. Seeing Philip Glenister in this inspired me to re-watch Life on Mars as well.

Also been watching Mad Men on Netflix in between times. Better Call Saul is still on my watch list too, got about halfway through season two before I stopped watching for whatever reason. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Large said:

Was umming and ahhing about that. Any good?

yeah, it's okay for first episode. Not much unpredictability so far - girls being bitchy, one rogue twat of a kid, tensions and affairs between teachers...

Will see how it develops over next few episodes.

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, True Bender said:

Le Mans: Racing Is Everything

Available on Amazon. Free for all Amazon Prime members.

Me too, started on Sunday, hehe. Getting ready for the weekend!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

got a lot of TV to catch up after being away for a week.

Started watching First Dates USA. 

Got 24 Hours in Police Custody - love this documentary series. Glad they've done it again. Highlights how difficult it can be for investigators to pin enough evidence on an individual(s) to charge them with a crime. Really admire the work that gets put in to that.

Also glad there's a new series of 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown. One of my favourite programmes. 

And definitely will be tuning in to Crystal Maze which has returned with Richard Ayoade presenting. 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Stan said:

got a lot of TV to catch up after being away for a week.

Started watching First Dates USA. 

Got 24 Hours in Police Custody - love this documentary series. Glad they've done it again. Highlights how difficult it can be for investigators to pin enough evidence on an individual(s) to charge them with a crime. Really admire the work that gets put in to that.

Also glad there's a new series of 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown. One of my favourite programmes. 

And definitely will be tuning in to Crystal Maze which has returned with Richard Ayoade presenting. 

Crystal Maze xD. There are the Sunday morning childhood feels. Bit of Takeshi's Castle didn't go amiss either. 

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the entirety of Marble Hornets over the past week. It's a web series that focuses on Slenderman, a pseudo-folkloric boogeyman-like figure that was created on the internet some years back. Bluntly put, it's one of the best things I've ever watched. While initially the series is carried by the novelty of the Slenderman mythos (which the series is largely responsible for developing) and savvy use of YouTube as a publishing platform (think Blair Witch Project for the internet generation), it eventually evolves into an engaging psychological thriller with supernatural elements. While some of the acting midway through the series is a bit shakey, the actor who plays Tim (real name Tim Sutton) is absolutely superb and carries the series to new heights across the last 30 or so episodes.

It's a unique project and I'm sad the series is over, but surely I'll come back to it sometime in the future.

Here you can find all of the main entries into the series:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MarbleHornets/videos

Edited by Panflute

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was pinned