• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Just watched episode 7

It's getting stranger by the episode... 

i think its all supposed to come together somehow but after the first three episodes you're left wondering where they are going with this show. Its like they want every character to have their own little arcs and then blend those arcs into the bigger picture. The last episode was so off-beat and weird it really just sits outside the whole mix. I spent the whole time watching it going, how in the world did all that math become magically possible for the character haha.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mel81x said:

i think its all supposed to come together somehow but after the first three episodes you're left wondering where they are going with this show. Its like they want every character to have their own little arcs and then blend those arcs into the bigger picture. The last episode was so off-beat and weird it really just sits outside the whole mix. I spent the whole time watching it going, how in the world did all that math become magically possible for the character haha.

Yea, that was a bit weird but then what wasn't.. It was some real hippy LSD tripping going on in that episode for sure... Liked the way they did the 50's style sci-fi in it that was pretty cool though.. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Yea, that was a bit weird but then what wasn't.. It was some real hippy LSD tripping going on in that episode for sure... Liked the way they did the 50's style sci-fi in it that was pretty cool though.. 

I did like the whole way they setup the sci-fi elements. On a whole, the show does have great production value even if in certain parts it does look a bit too fake. 

10 hours ago, nudge said:

Really enjoyed Season 1. Season 2, not so much, but still decent... Johnny is the best xD 

It is just so hard to believe anyone would ever take a school age karate rivalry so seriously that it lingers over you your whole life xD

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
On 22/09/2020 at 00:20, Bluewolf said:

Don't really know how best to describe it... It has horror related stuff in it but not the kind of horror that would put you off, although maybe episode 3 you might find a bit creepy but then again maybe not... Such a mix of strange things that seem to blend really well together... 

Just started watching it, 5 minutes in, and after seeing the house and the elevator I'm already certain I will find it creepy xD 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hope the series finds a new home and is not canceled. Deserves by far more attention than it gets...

Indeed, That was a bit disappointing to hear that a 3rd season might not be made but fingers crossed someone else picks it up.. 

Just watched the first of the new Spitting Images!

If anyone asks why?  I don't have an answer.  Will not bother next week!

The humour and subtlety of the original is now lost forever and it has descended lower than sixth-form humour - and that was really trash then and still is!

Sorry!

• Subscriber

I was sick and on vacation for a week so I got some good watchin done that was on my list.

The Haunting of Hill House - 9/10 nearly perfect horror series. Reminded me alot of the early vintage American Horror stories seasons. Excellent story and character building, and no cheap scares. I plan to go back and rewatch it in the future and am excited the same people are putting out a new series The Haunting of Bly Manor very shortly here. Must watch for any horror fans.

The Last Dance - 10/10 Chicago Bulls/Michael Jordan mini series 10 part documentary. Absolutely fantastic. I dont give two shits about basketball but this doc was fascinating from start to finish. Id call it a must watch for any sports fan. To get this close a picture to one of the absolute top couple athletes was something else. From the footage to the interviews to the background of the team and Jordan himself, I cant recommend it enough. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I was sick and on vacation for a week so I got some good watchin done that was on my list.

The Haunting of Hill House - 9/10 nearly perfect horror series. Reminded me alot of the early vintage American Horror stories seasons. Excellent story and character building, and no cheap scares. I plan to go back and rewatch it in the future and am excited the same people are putting out a new series The Haunting of Bly Manor very shortly here. Must watch for any horror fans.

The Last Dance - 10/10 Chicago Bulls/Michael Jordan mini series 10 part documentary. Absolutely fantastic. I dont give two shits about basketball but this doc was fascinating from start to finish. Id call it a must watch for any sports fan. To get this close a picture to one of the absolute top couple athletes was something else. From the footage to the interviews to the background of the team and Jordan himself, I cant recommend it enough. 

And you still haven't watched Raised by Wolves... ¬¬

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, nudge said:

Just watched the first episode of this:

Positively surprised. While the premise is not very original (a super AI going rogue), I like the execution so far. @Mel81x I think it might be of interest to you too... 

I am going to watch it tonight. Thanks for the reco.