talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

Watching Soprano's right now. I'm on Season 2, about the 10th episode. I've been promised truly great things and I keep churning out the episodes but it hasn't 'got me' yet to the point I'm literally looking forward to watching the next episode.

Going to start Narcos Season 3 when it's released on Friday.

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Lucas said:

Watching Soprano's right now. I'm on Season 2, about the 10th episode. I've been promised truly great things and I keep churning out the episodes but it hasn't 'got me' yet to the point I'm literally looking forward to watching the next episode.

Going to start Narcos Season 3 when it's released on Friday.

Keep at it is the best thing i can say, honestly it doesnt dip in quality through any season. The characters and the side stories throughout are fantastic, it was in my memory the first truly top notch show. The ending is still one of the most polarizing as far as tv shows go but i thought it was perfect. Making me want to go back and rewatch it...

• Like 1

On 01/09/2017 at 1:20 AM, Stan said:

Started watching The Defenders series on Netflix last night. Got through 5 episodes xD.

Elektra is fucking beautiful. 

Is this linked to the Marvel Hell's Kitchen universe?

I've just coming to the end of Daredevil Season 2, and just heard there are a bunch more shows connected to it like Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. I'd be interested if anyone has seen these and whether or not any of them stack up in comparison to daredevil...

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Harry said:

I've just coming to the end of Daredevil Season 2, and just heard there are a bunch more shows connected to it like Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. I'd be interested if anyone has seen these and whether or not any of them stack up in comparison to daredevil...

yeah it is. It takes in to account Daredevil, Cage, Jones & Iron Fist. I never got round to watching all of the Cage and Jones' series. 

2 hours ago, Harry said:

This is my Netflix backlog.

IMG_0001.PNG

Haha that is so very similar to mine.

Out of those, I've got Shooter, Fargo, Peaky Blinders that I want to watch. Have already seen Designated Survivor, Prison Break, Stranger Things, Sons of Anarchy & House of Cards

Power is on my list too.

That's just my Netflix backlog which isn't saying much as Netflix in Australia is pretty limited.

Also on my backlog is:

Taboo, The Americans, Mr Robot, Bojack Horseman, True Detective, House of Cards, Ripper Street, The Walking Dead, American Gods, SS-GB, The Deuce (starting this week).

Not sure where to start with all that. Probably something in the same vein as Dardevil so will pick up one of the 3 you mentioned or have a crack with Arrow, Gotham, Preacher or the Flash.

On 9/7/2017 at 11:35 AM, Harry said:

On 9/7/2017 at 2:13 PM, Stan said:

yeah it is. It takes in to account Daredevil, Cage, Jones & Iron Fist. I never got round to watching all of the Cage and Jones' series. 

You won't need to have watched Luke Cage or Jessica Jones to understand The Defenders - they're both essentially side characters with no real purpose. I didn't watch Jessica Jones and never once felt like I was missing anything from her story. Daredevil and Iron Fist are a must though for storyline. Best part of The Defenders was the teaser for The Punisher at the end!

I started watching Tin Star yesterday at a mates, got about 4 eps in and was quite an intriguing watch. Can't seem to find them online to carry on watching though.

Currently watching (that's airing); The Sinner, Room 104, Preacher, The Mist (think season has just finished actually), Blood Drive, Rick and Morty. 

4 hours ago, R-D said:

You won't need to have watched Luke Cage or Jessica Jones to understand The Defenders - they're both essentially side characters with no real purpose. I didn't watch Jessica Jones and never once felt like I was missing anything from her story. Daredevil and Iron Fist are a must though for storyline. Best part of The Defenders was the teaser for The Punisher at the end!

I started watching Tin Star yesterday at a mates, got about 4 eps in and was quite an intriguing watch. Can't seem to find them online to carry on watching though.

Currently watching (that's airing); The Sinner, Room 104, Preacher, The Mist (think season has just finished actually), Blood Drive, Rick and Morty. 

I'm hearing Iron Fist is a tad poor compared to the other ones though. Bit annoying if that's essential lead in work. 

Good call on Rick and Morty. I'm up to speed with it. Haven't enjoyed it as much as previous seasons tho so far. 

Been watching Rellik on BBC One.

Interesting concept of telling a serial killer thriller but backwards so from the end to the beginning.

Different for sure, a little confusing at times but actually quite intriguing and very clever. Already the plot is hinting at whether the 'right' person was justifiably killed.

On 8/30/2017 at 4:06 PM, True Blue said:

Haha i don't want to, watched a few episodes and i didn't dig it :)

At last! I thought I was the only one. I don't mean to say anything bad about GoT, it's a good fairytale but what more does it have compared to the Vikings other than multifandom crap? at least Vikings has some facts of realism because it is based on some historical facts that did take place in the past while Game of Thrones is just a fantasy that someone wrote down in a book. They might have Dragons, Zombies and Werewolves but Vikings have balls!

• 2 weeks later...

Have watched

Seasons 5 & 6 of SUITS.

Seasons 1 & 2 of THE AMERICANS

Both of these were great. The Cold War setting of the Americans is fascinating I'm surprised there's been no other shows delving into this period. 

Have also tried to watch 3 episodes of Outlander with the Mrs. Was told this was the most popular current show in the world behind game of thrones but I'm definitely not seeing it....:|

• The topic was pinned