talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

Reminds me I tried to watch Katla but couldnt get any with subtitltes from my apps :( Il  circle back again and try later but for now moved onto Mr Robot.

It's on Netflix, subtitles included.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Fair enough, I wrongly assumed everyone has Netflix... 😆

I was using my Aunt's account for quite awhile but she updated her pw and since then she has too many devices argh. Maybe I will eventually but I remember originally paying 7.99 cad for it when it first came out. Also tbh the "free" apps pretty much have anything and fairly reliably.. the hitch is sometimes subtitles.

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Upvote 2

Time

BBC drama about an alcoholic teacher that kills a cyclist and ends up getting four years in prison. Basically takes you through what it would be like day to day. 

Absolute hell!!!

Amazing drama, one of the best I've seen for years.

10/10

1 hour ago, Devil said:

Time

BBC drama about an alcoholic teacher that kills a cyclist and ends up getting four years in prison. Basically takes you through what it would be like day to day. 

Absolute hell!!!

Amazing drama, one of the best I've seen for years.

10/10

That's the one with Sean Bean in it right??? 

It's bound to end with him getting shanked and dying.... 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That's the one with Sean Bean in it right??? 

It's bound to end with him getting shanked and dying.... 

Yep Sean Bean is in this one. 

Not revealing anything. Brilliant watch. 

On 25/07/2021 at 22:04, MUFC said:

I have a question for the Spanish speaking members who've watched Narcos Colombia. Now it's regarding the lead actor who played Pablo Escobar. When I watched it, not being a Spanish speaker I only read the subtitles. But people from Colombia were complaining about the lead actor. They were saying that he was a Brazilian who learnt Spanish not long before carrying out the role. They claimed he never had the accent of somebody from Medellin in Colombia. Did any of you Spanish speakers notice anything about the way he spoke Spanish? 

My Colombian mate said she hates the whole Pablo Escobar hype in general and that she hates how most foreigners associate her country with drugs, cartels and prostitution. It can actually be a very taboo subject to be honest and drugs are nowhere near as popular among Colombians as they are in the USA and here in Europe, where it's very common for people to take drugs.

But she also said that the "real" series about Pablo Escobar for Colombians is El patrón del marThe lead actor in Narcos doesn't have a very natural sounding accent. In the book I read about the Medellin cartel, the fella who wrote the book was part of that Cartel and even he says in the book that El Patrón del mar is "closer to the truth" while Narcos is "aload of nonsense with Pablo speaking in a Portuguese accent".

I personally like both but do prefer the grittiness of el patrón del mar, with it being from Colombia itself.

By the way, Sky Rojo is a brilliant series. I binged the whole of season 2 at the weekend.

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

My Colombian mate said she hates the whole Pablo Escobar hype in general and that she hates how most foreigners associate her country with drugs, cartels and prostitution. It can actually be a very taboo subject to be honest and drugs are nowhere near as popular among Colombians as they are in the USA and here in Europe, where it's very common for people to take drugs.

But she also said that the "real" series about Pablo Escobar for Colombians is El patrón del marThe lead actor in Narcos doesn't have a very natural sounding accent. In the book I read about the Medellin cartel, the fella who wrote the book was part of that Cartel and even he says in the book that El Patrón del mar is "closer to the truth" while Narcos is "aload of nonsense with Pablo speaking in a Portuguese accent".

I personally like both but do prefer the grittiness of el patrón del mar, with it being from Colombia itself.

By the way, Sky Rojo is a brilliant series. I binged the whole of season 2 at the weekend.

If this is the one I'm thinking about I think I've seen it. Is it around 70 odd episodes? In El Patron Del Mar, he seems way more softly spoken and doesn't lose his temper as much. I found it to be more in depth with much more character development. According to the people of Medellin, El Patron is much more like Escobar was in real life.

I'll be honest, because I watched Narco first. It took me around 7/8 episodes to get into El Patron as I had to adjust my mind to how the character behaved. Also, ask your mate if they've seen the series on Popeye who was one of Pablos hitmen. He died last year from cancer, but again it's 60+ episodes. It's about his time in jail, post-Escobar. 

5 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Continuing on the Escobar theme, I have heard how he bought a lot of zoo animals and the hippos are still around multiplying and causing havoc with the environment. Its got political one half want to cull the hippos and the other half love them. 

There maybe a solution if they can find a way of making them infertile. 

23 hours ago, MUFC said:

If this is the one I'm thinking about I think I've seen it. Is it around 70 odd episodes? In El Patron Del Mar, he seems way more softly spoken and doesn't lose his temper as much. I found it to be more in depth with much more character development. According to the people of Medellin, El Patron is much more like Escobar was in real life.

I'll be honest, because I watched Narco first. It took me around 7/8 episodes to get into El Patron as I had to adjust my mind to how the character behaved. Also, ask your mate if they've seen the series on Popeye who was one of Pablos hitmen. He died last year from cancer, but again it's 60+ episodes. It's about his time in jail, post-Escobar. 

I haven't seen that series but she has seen it as she recommended me to watch it ages ago.

She is from Cali though so she has told me more about the Orejuela brothers, who were the bosses of the Cali Cartel. I've read a few books about them and they are actually the ones who first opened the cocaine route to Europe, including Liverpool, where they had direct links to Scouse gangsters. They also opened a huge chain or pharmacies in Cali, which are still around to this day. For all the bad deeds that the Cartels carry out, they also help the local people who need it.

In Medellín there are people who worship Escobar, as he really helped out alot of poor communities, while the government don't.

I was infact smoking weed and chatting  to a group of Mexicans from Sinaloa in a cannabis social club in Barcelona back in March last year and interestingly enough they spoke very highly of El Chapo and the Sinaloa Cartel. They have built schools and alsorts.

Speaking of El Chapo, the series about him on Netflix is probably my favourite series in Spanish. Fantastic series, I might watch it again soon.

19 hours ago, Waylander said:

Continuing on the Escobar theme, I have heard how he bought a lot of zoo animals and the hippos are still around multiplying and causing havoc with the environment. Its got political one half want to cull the hippos and the other half love them. 

There maybe a solution if they can find a way of making them infertile. 

Yeah the hippos have really become a problem.

Making them infertile wouldn't be an easy task I wouldn't say and the problem with hippos is that barely, if any, animal is a match for them, so they can cause alot of destruction.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I haven't seen that series but she has seen it as she recommended me to watch it ages ago.

She is from Cali though so she has told me more about the Orejuela brothers, who were the bosses of the Cali Cartel. I've read a few books about them and they are actually the ones who first opened the cocaine route to Europe, including Liverpool, where they had direct links to Scouse gangsters. They also opened a huge chain or pharmacies in Cali, which are still around to this day. For all the bad deeds that the Cartels carry out, they also help the local people who need it.

In Medellín there are people who worship Escobar, as he really helped out alot of poor communities, while the government don't.

I was infact smoking weed and chatting  to a group of Mexicans from Sinaloa in a cannabis social club in Barcelona back in March last year and interestingly enough they spoke very highly of El Chapo and the Sinaloa Cartel. They have built schools and alsorts.

Speaking of El Chapo, the series about him on Netflix is probably my favourite series in Spanish. Fantastic series, I might watch it again soon.

Yeah the hippos have really become a problem.

Making them infertile wouldn't be an easy task I wouldn't say and the problem with hippos is that barely, if any, animal is a match for them, so they can cause alot of destruction.

Cali cartel were the opposite of the Medellin Cartel in the way they operated. They tended to be more low key and tried avoiding high levels of violence. The 2 brothers were eventually joined by another 2 making them a 4 man board. Londono and that Pacho guy. You're are right about them bringing cocaine into Europe. They started doing this after Pablo was killed, they really did notch things up to new levels. 

All the cartels have thrown money back into their communities. Sinaola is suppose to be thriving right now. 

If you haven't already. There's a series on Kiki Kamera on Amazon PRime. The DEa agent who was tortured in Mexico. I think it's only 4-6 episodes from what I remember. Is worth a watch, is really good. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 27/07/2021 at 09:36, Tommy said:

I think that's kind of the point that we suffer with him. 😬 He/it gets better. 😅

I'm a few episodes into Season 2 now, and I must admit that while I like the idea of the plot, this whole hallucinations/psychosis/mental disorder stuff is not for me, really. I'll probably continue watching as I'm curious what the outcome will be, but overall, it's starting to get on my nerves 😅

• Sad 1

Currently watching the Bad Batch on Disney + and Peaky Blinders on Netflix, both for the first time. Also watching Prison Break, such a great show, watched it last year for the first time and already watched every episode numerous times.

• Subscriber
On 09/08/2021 at 21:52, Mikey said:

Currently watching the Bad Batch on Disney + and Peaky Blinders on Netflix, both for the first time. Also watching Prison Break, such a great show, watched it last year for the first time and already watched every episode numerous times.

You won't go a miss with Peaky Blinders, we have a thread in here about that show, brilliant series.

• Subscriber

Finished The North Water earlier today, really enjoyed it. A perfectly executed mini series with a good story, interesting characters, and amazing cast - Collin Farrell, Jack O'Connell, Stephen Graham, and Peter Mullan. 

Just started Reservation Dogs now, a new dark comedy series from Taika Waititi! About a bunch of indigenous teens looking for ways to leave the reservation and go to California. Loved the pilot, a unique setting with a unique set of characters. Also Zahn McClarnon is in it!

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, nudge said:

Finished The North Water earlier today, really enjoyed it. A perfectly executed mini series with a good story, interesting characters, and amazing cast - Collin Farrell, Jack O'Connell, Stephen Graham, and Peter Mullan. 

Just started Reservation Dogs now, a new dark comedy series from Taika Waititi! About a bunch of indigenous teens looking for ways to leave the reservation and go to California. Loved the pilot, a unique setting with a unique set of characters. Also Zahn McClarnon is in it!

Both sounds intriguing. But it's on BBC or Hulu respectively. Get that shit on Netflix or Amazon Prime. 😪

Just watched the 4 part series called Escobar on Escobar. Is on Sky documentaries. All the information is from his wife, son and his sons ex wife.

I really recommend this as there is video footage of so unseen stuff. From his funeral and his autopsy.

10/10.

Edited by MUFC

On 17/08/2021 at 21:06, MUFC said:

Just watched the 4 part series called Escobar on Escobar. Is on Sky documentaries. All the information is from his wife, son and his sons ex wife.

I really recommend this as there is video footage of so unseen stuff. From his funeral and his autopsy.

10/10.

Forgot to say, Escobar and his widowed wife talk about a series of meetings they had with the Cali Cartel. Cali Cartel wanted Pablo's assets as compensation as they funded the war on finding Escobar. Cali said that Escobar's son has to be killed and this was non-negotiable. Anyway, Pablo's son and wife arrived at a meeting, only to find Pablo's mum and brothers at the meeting. During the meeting PAblo's mum was telling the Cali Cartel to kill Pablo's son, it was fucking weird. Pablo's mum and brothers betrayed Pablo's wife and son big time. They never did kill Pablo's son and said he can live as long as he never gets into the drugs game.

• Upvote 1