talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Toinho said:

Any recommendations for a crime or drama style tv show? I am so behind the loop, and with limited time, don't want to 'waste' time so to speak haha.

I love shows like Ozark, Line of Duty, Breaking Bad etc, is there anything THAT GOOD out there right now? haha. Possibly on Netflix or Apple TV.

Mare of Easttown was really good. Definitely fits the mold of what your after. Kate Winslet was immense. 

10 hours ago, Devil said:

Watching Top Boy at the moment, was brilliant when it was gritty and dark, now they are taking it in a direction that makes it predictable and boring.

Yeah the channel 4 original one was better due to how gritty and dark it was. Now it's become more "hollywoodized". It's still worth the watch though and I watched the first 2 episodes on the plane on Sunday.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Yeah the channel 4 original one was better due to how gritty and dark it was. Now it's become more "hollywoodized". It's still worth the watch though and I watched the first 2 episodes on the plane on Sunday.

Going to watch it through but it hasn't got me wanting watch episodes back to back. 

The thing is the characters work as small time drug dealers on the Summerhouse estate but mixing it with high level drug dealers abroad, not having it I'm afraid.

Sully is still by the far the best character, Kano plays the role brilliantly. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Devil said:

Going to watch it through but it hasn't got me wanting watch episodes back to back. 

The thing is the characters work as small time drug dealers on the Summerhouse estate but mixing it with high level drug dealers abroad, not having it I'm afraid.

Sully is still by the far the best character, Kano plays the role brilliantly. 

I agree about Kano. He's an underrated actor to be honest. Talented lad.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

If anybody likes Regency Period drama then you should watch this, 2 Series and me and the wife are now watching the 2nd series, I do love watching shows like this and the scenery and costumes are stunning, I was tempted to make this as a thread on its own.

Bridgerton (2022) - Drama/Romance
S1 - 5 Episodes/ S2 - 8 Episodes

Wealth, lust, and betrayal set against the backdrop of Regency-era England, seen through the eyes of the powerful Bridgerton family.

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spacing correction

I'm watching that documentary about the two Boeing crashes. Its incredible what some of these business men will do for money. Terrible people 

On 27/03/2022 at 10:06, MUFC said:

Top Boy season 4. I enjoyed the change of direction as it kept it fresh - 8/10.

I heard a lot a bout it and wanted to give it a go. But there's only two seasons on Netflix? 🤔

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Watched the first episode of Tokyo Vice. Based on a true story about a foreign guy that becomes a reporter in Japan and eventually dives into reporting on the yakuza essentially. Pretty interesting knowing some of the background of the culture, it was a pretty spot on representation. The lead is the guy from Baby Driver (Ansel Elgort) he does a pretty good job so far. I will definitely keep up with it if I can find a version with some subtitles. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody watched a sporting documentary called Bad Sport? It's really good, the episode on the Juventus scandal when they got relegated was really good. It's only 6 episodes though.

• Subscriber
On 18/04/2022 at 11:11, Viva la FCB said:

Watched the first episode of Tokyo Vice. Based on a true story about a foreign guy that becomes a reporter in Japan and eventually dives into reporting on the yakuza essentially. Pretty interesting knowing some of the background of the culture, it was a pretty spot on representation. The lead is the guy from Baby Driver (Ansel Elgort) he does a pretty good job so far. I will definitely keep up with it if I can find a version with some subtitles. 

Kind of fizzled out in the end but started quite strong for the first half of the season. Ultimately setting up for more seasons with the ending, interesting enough story Ill keep watching it when its back anyways. 

• Upvote 1