talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What TV Series Are You Watching?

football forum

Narco Saints - 7.3/10

The Secret of the Greco Family - 8/10.

The Watcher - 8.3/10.

The Secret, true story on the Castlerock murders in 1991. Only 4 episodes but really good - 8/10.

Gangs Of London season 2 - 8/10. Asif and Lale teaming up at the end after trying to kill each other was pretty daft. Elliott should have finished Shaun off and the Motel shootout was just stupid. Good season but I enjoyed season 1 much more.

9 hours ago, MUFC said:

Narco Saints - 7.3/10

The Secret of the Greco Family - 8/10.

The Watcher - 8.3/10.

The Secret, true story on the Castlerock murders in 1991. Only 4 episodes but really good - 8/10.

Gangs Of London season 2 - 8/10. Asif and Lale teaming up at the end after trying to kill each other was pretty daft. Elliott should have finished Shaun off and the Motel shootout was just stupid. Good season but I enjoyed season 1 much more.

Watched first two episodes of the watcher and wasn't sure...worth persisting with?

• Subscriber

Does anyone watch this series...

The Bidding Room

Nigel Havers presents the British version of the long-running German daytime show in which members of the public get expert advice on selling their antiques and collectibles to a panel of dealers.

@Tommy, @Rucksackfranzose, @nudge, have any of you watched the German show? me and the wife love it plus you get a good laugh as they try to outbid each other with articles up for auction.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

The Bidding Room

Nigel Havers presents the British version of the long-running German daytime show in which members of the public get expert advice on selling their antiques and collectibles to a panel of dealers.

@Tommy, @Rucksackfranzose, @nudge, have any of you watched the German show? me and the wife love it plus you get a good laugh as they try to outbid each other with articles up for auction.

Yea, in Germany it's called Bares für Rares. It used to run on the weekends until it became very popular. Now they show it every day during the week, which I think wore it out quickly. I still watch it from time to time though. 

I love seeing the old paintings. Most old paintings from Germany are painted by painters who learned their trait in Düsseldorf, because we have the biggest Art Academy here that was established in 1773. Well, that was random, but there you go. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

The Bidding Room

I've seen some of it in the past, the German show is called Bares für Rares. Not my kind of TV, I'm afraid...

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, in Germany it's called Bares für Rares. It used to run on the weekends until it became very popular. Now they show it every day during the week, which I think wore it out quickly. I still watch it from time to time though. 

I love seeing the old paintings. Most old paintings from Germany are painted by painters who learned their trait in Düsseldorf, because we have the biggest Art Academy here that was established in 1773. 

Piss ourself's laughing if someone brings old teddy bears in, Adrian Higham loves the old teddy bears and will go all out to buy them no matter what. xD

Inverness_Castle,_Scotland_-_Diliff.jpg

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

The Bidding Room

It's quite popular in Germany, think I read another TV station will make a similar format to compete with "Bares für RAres".  Watching others selling things is nothing that attract me to watch TV, though.:)

2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Piss ourself's laughing if someone brings old teddy bears in, Adrian Higham loves the old teddy bears and will go all out to buy them no matter what. xD

Inverness_Castle,_Scotland_-_Diliff.jpg

If they are old and from a certain brand, they can be quite valuable. xD

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I love seeing the old paintings. Most old paintings from Germany are painted by painters who learned their trait in Düsseldorf, because we have the biggest Art Academy here that was established in 1773. Well, that was random, but there you go. 

Düsseldorf should hire you as their PR manager xD 

• Haha 1

• Administrator
On 16/12/2022 at 11:18, Pyfish said:

Finally all caught up on The Traitors - one of the best 'reality' shows I've seen in a while. 

something that is unlikely to get old quickly either.

Very engaging. Some of the contestants appear a bit thick but are probably just playing their own game. Amanda has played a blinder up til now.

Glad the likes of Jon, Matt, Theo, Ivan went early. They were annoying me.

Started watching a new German series on Netflix called "Kleo". 

After the fall of the Berlin Wall, a former spy killer is set free and embarks on a revenge spree against the people who conspired to betray her.

I must say the first episode was very unique and cool. Like an East German Kill Bill. Definitely intrigued to see what happens next. The actress who plays Kleo seems to be amazing in her role. 

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Stan said:

something that is unlikely to get old quickly either.

Very engaging. Some of the contestants appear a bit thick but are probably just playing their own game. Amanda has played a blinder up til now.

Glad the likes of Jon, Matt, Theo, Ivan went early. They were annoying me.

Yeah, it's definitely got some longevity in it. Unsure how it'll do with a second series though as people will be wiser to certain things but I'm sure the producers have that aspect covered.

I really didn't like Jon, he was incredibly irritating and a bully!