talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup Semi-Final - Arsenal (2) 2-1 (1) Chelsea (2nd Leg)

football forum

Just now, SirBalon said:

Winning this for what?  For what mate?  What as a fan could you potentially use a victory in this rubbish competition for?  You can’t say anything to any other fan because they’ll laugh in your face. Trust me... You’re out and you’re lucky to be out.

It's a trophy nonetheless. With City having the title locked down, cups are only thing left to play for. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I can’t believe the Chelsea boys on here are taking this seriously. You’re lucky you’re out of this crap tournament. 

Its the performance that is the most frustrating not the result... Go out giving it your all in a Semi Final I can take, but not putting your heart and soul and fight into it I can't.. 

Just now, Cicero said:

It's a trophy nonetheless. With City having the title locked down, cups are only thing left to play for. 

It’s a load of bollocks!  When I used to laud Arsenal’s trophies to my Spurs mates in my early 20s I never once mentioned a League Cup and TODAY I would be embarrassed to win it. At least before it had a grain of respectability (I mean a grain). But today it’s a bloody joke.

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Its the performance that is the most frustrating not the result... Go out giving it your all in a Semi Final I can take, but not putting your heart and soul and fight into it I can't.. 

I wouldn’t risk getting injured giving my all on a game such as this and run the risk of missing the World Cup. Infact I wouldn’t want a League Cup medal if I did end up winning it. THIS competition is worth exactly the same as the Charity Shield.  

42 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Winning this for what?  For what mate?  What as a fan could you potentially use a victory in this rubbish competition for?  You can’t say anything to any other fan because they’ll laugh in your face. Trust me... You’re out and you’re lucky to be out.

Bus parade around Islington and a 3 year deal for Wenger😄

I'm glad we're in the final. Yeah it's a third tier competition but it's still good to be in a final. If we can beat Man city it would be a good achievement. Still a disappointing season but a final makes it better.

27 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Bus parade around Islington and a 3 year deal for Wenger😄

Mate If Wenger bought Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar you would still moan. Clearly it's time for him to go but you blame him for every little thing and he can do no right. At least have a bit of logic to your posts.

9 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Mate If Wenger bought Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar you would still moan. Clearly it's time for him to go but you blame him for every little thing and he can do no right. At least have a bit of logic to your posts.

Ok TY

53 minutes ago, 6666 said:

You 2 need Arsenal to not do well. More concerned with your agenda than anything else. Hope your master Piers Morgan has offed himself.

Out of interest mate. Are Wenger out or in?

Just going to put it out there.

I cannot work out why you would be disappointed about your team reaching the final of a cup competition, at Wembley, with a 50% chance of winning a trophy.  What part of that is disappointing?

Sorry, don't get it.

Havent watched the match and Im not interested in this particular competition and believe this should be scraped and England should have just one league and one cup like everyone else. I dont get why teams (atleast the bigger clubs) play their first team in this competition, this should be more for the youth players.

Anyways that aside, it feels good to beat chelsea. The recent past has been very bad for Arsenal against chelsea and hope the pendulum starts to swing back again with these wins. 

Missed the game last night because of work. I did fancy our chances though as Conte does seems to struggle with us for some reason. Good to be in the final although it's going to be a very hard one to win.

Maybe Wenger can finally win one of these now...

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

I cannot work out why you would be disappointed about your team reaching the final of a cup competition, at Wembley, with a 50% chance of winning a trophy.  What part of that is disappointing?

Sorry, don't get it.

Elitist mentality. 

7 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Out of interest mate. Are Wenger out or in?

Not really committed to either side. Don't have a "he can do no wrong" attitude or a "everything he does is wrong" attitude. Going all in either way seems silly to me.

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Sorry, don't get it.

I used to work with an Arsenal season ticket holder who seemed to think it an inconvience that they had to play clubs like Southampton in the league. 

When they won the FA Cup a few years ago? 2015 or something? There were 3 Arsenal fans on our office floor. One proper London boy couldn't contain himself that they had won the cup, as you'd expect. The other two were more emotionless monotone "that's good isn't it".

There's something very rotten within that club. Something that is more than just Wenger. Something depeer is absent.

Think we did okay in the first half, conceded a crazy lucky goal that took a few deflections. In the second very poor from us, Arsenal again scored a goal out of nothing like the first but no excuses. Clean win they wanted it more and nothing to add more to be honest. Our problem this season is that after we score we sit back and wait for counters, never worked. From the team Bakayoko was our best player, his best performance in the shirt. Also found Hazard with a brilliant pass shame that cunt dived/tripped and ruined our chance to take the lead. Win or lose up the blues. 

11 hours ago, 6666 said:

Not really committed to either side. Don't have a "he can do no wrong" attitude or a "everything he does is wrong" attitude. Going all in either way seems silly to me.

Fair enough. Personally I'm Wenger out. But at the same time realistic no Paul Merson can replace him

• The topic was unpinned

Archived