Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
José

Pep Clotet Sacked By Oxford

The 40-year-old Spaniard, who took over in July, was dismissed following Oxford's 2-1 loss at home to League One's bottom side Bury on Saturday.

The U's have failed to win nine of their past 13 league games, including a 7-0 loss at home to Wigan in December.

Clotet's assistant Derek Fazackerley has been put in charge of first-team affairs until a successor is appointed.

BBC Sports

7 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

@Lucas would you take him back as a coach?

Yes I would.

Firstly, because he was well thought of at ER amongst the players and was an integral part of the team spirit we had last year. Secondly, because he is Spanish and we have a very large Spanish influence at Leeds now with Thomas Christiensen and his backroom staff so I think he'd fit perfectly.

Pep Clotet is a good man and a good assistant. I feel bad for him that it's not worked out at Oxford but sometimes that's how it goes. It's still early days for him.

• Upvote 1

Appleton being linked with a return although I don't know why he'd go back.

4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

David Unsworth is the latest name. How do you think he will get on, Everton fans? @Cannabis @RandoEFC @HK85

He took our U23's to the Premier League 2 title so he deserves his chance at managing a senior football team. 

It'll be sad to see him go and it'll be interesting to see how he manages at a team that isn't in his blood but he's earned this challenge and I hope he succeeds. 

• Upvote 1

about time he got to manage a big club at senior level, even if it was as a caretaker or permanent role. 

Good luck to him if he goes but I fear for what the current clueless regime have in mind to replace him.

On 03/02/2018 at 13:20, The Palace Fan said:

David Unsworth is the latest name. How do you think he will get on, Everton fans? @Cannabis @RandoEFC @HK85

Turned it down. 

37 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Sol Campbell has held talks now. Has he got any coaching badges?

Probably pulled onto the car-park, walked in reception and demanded an interview claiming that it was blatant racism if he didn't get one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Probably pulled onto the car-park, walked in reception and demanded an interview claiming that it was blatant racism if he didn't get one.

Impossible. He's white.

etyzgihmtyzgf5552f4753d4255.jpg

Craig Bellamy has held talks with Oxford United and could be confirmed as their new manager in the next week, Sky Sports News understands.

The former Wales striker, who is part of Neil Warnock's coaching staff at Cardiff, has held a series of discussions with the League One club over the last fortnight and looks likely to replace Pep Clotet who was sacked at the end of last month.

The 38-year old, who won 78 caps for his country, could be confirmed in time to be in the dugout for Saturday's match away at Northampton Town.

9 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

That's..........random.

I think he will make a good Manager in all honesty. He's been gathering all the relevant coaching experience. I imagined he would work his way up through Cardiff but this is still a good opportunity. 

I always thought he would make a better Manager than Ryan Giggs.

On 2/8/2018 at 22:13, The Palace Fan said:

Sol Campbell has held talks now. Has he got any coaching badges?

Coaching badges? Who needs them when you have 'one of the greatest minds in football'?

Campbell has a pro license so he's put in the work academically. 

People like Tony Adams and now Bellamy (possibly) have been thrown in so he has a right to feel a bit pissed off. 

If he's that arsed and convinced that he's a good manager he should take any job he can get even if it's in the Isthmian Premier League and start proving himself instead of spouting off in the media again adding to his crybaby image which will only make him less attractive to employers.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

If he's that arsed and convinced that he's a good manager he should take any job he can get even if it's in the Isthmian Premier League and start proving himself instead of spouting off in the media again adding to his crybaby image which will only make him less attractive to employers.

He certainly isn't going to endear himself to players and coaches in the lowers league with quote like

I'm confident and it's not like it's rocket science to run a football club, especially when you get to that level.

It's League One, not Sunday league. He was on Sky Sports' 'The Debate' last night and seemed to dig himself an even bigger hole.