• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Super Bowl LII - Philadelphia Eagles vs New England Patriots

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Eagles, over the course of the season, have had the best team - very solid both sides of the ball. They've struggled after Wentz's injury... but Foles showed up in a major way against the #1 ranked defense.

But they're up against probably the best coach in football and probably the best quarterback ever who won't be phased by yet another super bowl.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The Eagles, over the course of the season, have had the best team - very solid both sides of the ball. They've struggled after Wentz's injury... but Foles showed up in a major way against the #1 ranked defense.

But they're up against probably the best coach in football and probably the best quarterback ever who won't be phased by yet another super bowl.

Definitely would be a more intriguing game had Wentz not gotten hurt.

I'm still disappointed that the Jags didn't make it against the Vikings. It would have been the first time for the Jags, and also the first time had ever played a Super Bowl in their own Stadium (Minnesota)

18 minutes ago, Eco said:

Definitely would be a more intriguing game had Wentz not gotten hurt.

I'm still disappointed that the Jags didn't make it against the Vikings. It would have been the first time for the Jags, and also the first time had ever played a Super Bowl in their own Stadium (Minnesota)

I was also hoping for that outcome. I also developed something of a soft spot for the Jags after they were so good this season after being abysmal for the last two years. It's a shame that after 3 good quarters, Bortles was terrible in the 4th quarter. And the Patriots were the Patriots.

• Administrator

torn on this one.

Patriots were the first team I got in to when I first started taking an interest in the sport about 11-12 years ago. 

Hadn't really followed NFL for a couple of years, but my mate supports Jags so had a bit of a soft spot for them and their surprisingly good season had piqued my interest.

And I don't know anything about the Eagles. Soz @Dickie.

What I do know is that we're going round my mates house to watch it and have a lot of beer and shit food. 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

By far the worst fans in sports.

But I do hope you win.

No one likes us no one likes us no one likes us, we don't care, we're from philly fucking philly no one likes us we don't care.

You know I'm starting to see your point.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

torn on this one.

Patriots were the first team I got in to when I first started taking an interest in the sport about 11-12 years ago. 

Hadn't really followed NFL for a couple of years, but my mate supports Jags so had a bit of a soft spot for them and their surprisingly good season had piqued my interest.

And I don't know anything about the Eagles. Soz @Dickie.

What I do know is that we're going round my mates house to watch it and have a lot of beer and shit food. 

to be fair this is the thought process of 97 percent of americans

8 minutes ago, Dickie said:

No one likes us no one likes us no one likes us, we don't care, we're from philly fucking philly no one likes us we don't care.

You know I'm starting to see your point.

There was a video posted by Eagles fans throwing empty beer bottles at the visiting fans in the parking lot as they got off the bus or something. Playing into the Stereotype people have about the fans of Philly.

9 minutes ago, Eco said:

There was a video posted by Eagles fans throwing empty beer bottles at the visiting fans in the parking lot as they got off the bus or something. Playing into the Stereotype people have about the fans of Philly.

Don't forget when they threw them physically at the bus after words. And the fans walking around. And the ones that were on the Rocky Steps.

9 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

How many super bowls have New England been in? They seem to be in a lot

10, winners of 5. They have been there the most.

Steelers have the most wins in the SB (with 6), but have only been 8 times.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived