talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

AFC U23 Championship

football forum

• Subscriber

Has anyone been watching? 

Vietnam beat Qatar on penalties earlier today and are in the final where they'll face either Uzbekistan or South Korea (currently underway, Uzbekis lead 1-0 in HT).

Final to be played on Saturday, 9:00 CET.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Yeah, Australia was disappointing, so was Thailand who failed to take a single point... Vietnam definitely the team of the tournament, regardless of the outcome of the final against Uzbekistan. 

Quite a few entertaining matches so far, too.

On 23/01/2018 at 12:24, Stan said:

this is @Blue's first scouting missing isn't it?

Ha ha I was expecting it to be one of his threads. Not sure if it has been on British tv

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Could you stream every premier league game as well :D

I didn't stream it haha, just posted the link to the official AFC youtube channel :P 

At any case, Vietnam lost 1-2, Uzbekistan scored the winning goal in the very last minute of extra time :( 

I can't believe they played in that. The Vietnamese were going fucking mental for this. You wouldn't believe how big of an event this was for them, they treated it like a world cup final. You in Vietnam @nudge, if so, whereabouts? 

• Subscriber
50 minutes ago, Marc said:

I can't believe they played in that. The Vietnamese were going fucking mental for this. You wouldn't believe how big of an event this was for them, they treated it like a world cup final. You in Vietnam @nudge, if so, whereabouts? 

I'm in Cambodia :) you're in Vietnam, I take it? Welcome to the forum!

Yeah, I saw some pics and videos from the streets and bars, it's madness haha. The national stadium in Hanoi was also packed for public viewing today. Bet it was heartbreaking for them to lose it in the very last minute of extra time, amazing overall performance nevertheless.

And yes, the conditions were horrible, really bad organisation there.

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'm in Cambodia :) you're in Vietnam, I take it? Welcome to the forum!

Yeah, I saw some pics and videos from the streets and bars, it's madness haha. The national stadium in Hanoi was also packed for public viewing today. Bet it was heartbreaking for them to lose it in the very last minute of extra time, amazing overall performance nevertheless.

And yes, the conditions were horrible, really bad organisation there.

Back in England, got back about this time last year after just over a year in Saigon. Spent a bit of time in Cambodia too. Preferred Vietnam, but both are cool places

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Marc said:

Back in England, got back about this time last year after just over a year in Saigon. Spent a bit of time in Cambodia too. Preferred Vietnam, but both are cool places

I like both countries too, hehe. Football-wise though, I definitely prefer Vietnam (and Thailand).

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I like both countries too, hehe. Football-wise though, I definitely prefer Vietnam (and Thailand).

I have the Cambodian football team shirt. I honestly think I could play internationally for them. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I have the Cambodian football team shirt. I honestly think I could play internationally for them. 

The blue one? Did you buy it here?

They do have a few gifted players, such as Chan Vathanaka or Keo Sokpheng, but the overall quality is low. Just really bad infrastructure.

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

The blue one? Did you buy it here?

They do have a few gifted players, such as Chan Vathanaka or Keo Sokpheng, but the overall quality is low. Just really bad infrastructure.

Yes and yes. I don't know if it's the up to date one. 

To be fair I haven't watched any of their games - ever. Played street football with some kids in Phnom Penh though. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Yes and yes. I don't know if it's the up to date one. 

To be fair I haven't watched any of their games - ever. Played street football with some kids in Phnom Penh though. 

I should really try to attend a match in the Olympic Stadium in PP some time before they build a new one... been to a football match in Thailand once, priceless. Nothing beats drinking whisky cola from a plastic bag in 30+ heat xD

30 minutes ago, nudge said:

I should really try to attend a match in the Olympic Stadium in PP some time before they build a new one... been to a football match in Thailand once, priceless. Nothing beats drinking whisky cola from a plastic bag in 30+ heat xD

You animal. 

10 hours ago, nudge said:

I should really try to attend a match in the Olympic Stadium in PP some time  before they build a new one... been to a football match in Thailand once, priceless. Nothing beats drinking whisky cola from a plastic bag in 30+ heat xD

You should try to attend the AA(Alcoholics anonymous) by the sounds of it :hh:

Archived