talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Top Four Predictions?

An old thread that's not been picked up on here, so.... 

Taking each clubs run-in from the top 6, which clubs will form the top 4?

Taking form, previous history, the run-in and each clubs tendencies to fold under pressure im going to go with

1. Chelsea

2. City

3. Spurs

4. Arsenal

with these missing out:

5. Liverpool

6. United 

I think Everton could pip United to 6th actually!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I wasn't a Liverpool supporter I'd agree with you both but I know us inside and out and we'll bottle it. Our run-in is more than favourable compared to Arsenal's but we'll find a way to fuck it up, we always do. Arsenal on the other hand always find a way to just sneak in there. 

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

United 3rd from their current position with the run-in they have?

long shot that mate!

They've looked so good in 2017, a lot better than Arsenal and arguably Liverpool. Spurs losing Kane could have big impact

19 minutes ago, WhoNose said:

They've looked so good in 2017, a lot better than Arsenal and arguably Liverpool. Spurs losing Kane could have big impact

They've been on this unbeaten run but they've not moved from 6th place in that time and they've drawn a lot of games too. They still have to go to City, Spurs and Arsenal as well as having Chelsea at home. I don't see them doing it to be honest

• 3 weeks later...

REMAINING TOP SIX MATCHES 

APRIL 5: Chelsea vs Manchester City

APRIL 16: Manchester United vs Chelsea

APRIL 27: Manchester City vs Manchester United 

APRIL 30: Tottenham vs Arsenal

MAY 7: Arsenal vs Manchester United 

MAY 13: Tottenham vs Manchester United

Awfull run-in for Utd. 

The innumerable draws they had this season are gonna cost Manchester United the top four.

I think the last position is between Arsenal and LFC. I am quietly hoping for the Arsenal fans to maintain the toxic atmosphere around their club. Our chances depend on the fitness of Mane, and how quickly Lallana and Hendo recovers. Of course, with us, there is a strong possibility of seeing other players fall by with injuries, as well.

I predict that Chelsea will lose their run at the top. Spurs and City will cling on and it'll go to the final day. Any three of them will win the title. Liverpool will slip up and finish in fourth closely followed by United and Arsenal. Everton just miss out on sixth.

Middlesbrough will continue their goal drought and fall back into the Championship. Moyes will be sacked and Sunderland will sink. Hull will have a good run at home and escape the relegation battle. Swansea will just miss the drop by the skin of their teeth and so will Crystal Palace. West Ham suffer from a bout of horendous form and are left stranded in eigtheenth after losing to Burnley.

Coming up from the Championship will be Brighton and Newcastle. The play-off spot will go to Fulham.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

They'll win this years Europa you watch. 

Hasn't Mourinho already come out and said that if he can't get the players to perform better in the league that he is going to put all his eggs into the Europa league and winning that?

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Hasn't Mourinho already come out and said that if he can't get the players to perform better in the league that he is going to put all his eggs into the Europa league and winning that?

I've not heard him say that personally but he may have?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I've not heard him say that personally but he may have?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/02/jose-mourinho-manchester-united-europa-league-premier-league

Thought I was dreaming it up myself but yeah I think its a smart decision if he thinks the league is going to hamper his chances to get into Europe next year.

Just now, Mel81x said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/02/jose-mourinho-manchester-united-europa-league-premier-league

Thought I was dreaming it up myself but yeah I think its a smart decision if he thinks the league is going to hamper his chances to get into Europe next year.

Klopp did exactly the same thing last season. 

Archived