The better place to talk football.

Fortnite

football forum

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
On 28/2/2018 at 13:17, Cicero said:

Didn't they rip this off another game? Remember there being the same sort of thing

Its battlegrounds but more cartoony and crafting elements. The concept is a carbon copy but they made it a bit more interesting.

Sooo does anyone else have this?

It's a bit different to PUBG - the gunplay is worse (imo), there's the whole building element (which is ultimately the most important part of the game) and PUBG's got vehicles and a bigger map. They're really really really similar conceptually (because it's just the concept from Battle Royale - which came before the fucking Hunger Games - so they're battle royal games where you've got to survive on the shrinking playable space to win)... but I think they play pretty differently. Fortnite's a lot faster paced, PUBG's a bit more methodical.

I played Fortnite before I ever played PUBG (because PUBG wasn't out on the Xbox yet and my computer is too shite to run it), but I prefer PUBG by a wide margin. To the point where I haven't played Fortnite at all lately. I like the bigger maps, the ability to add the different attachments to the weapons, the vehicles, and imo it's a hell of a lot more fun to play with a group of friends.

Having said that, I did like Fortnite a lot for the month and a half I was playing it. The battle royale style games is a very addictive gametype and it makes it so no two games ever really go the same. At least not back to back. I think it's a matter of personal preference. If you like the faster gameplay and building meta-game of Fortnite... that's obviously going to be your thing. If you like the bigger map, more varied looting, and imo a bit more of a tactical approach to survival in the battle royale they've set out.

Once a AAA game has a multiplayer with a Battle Royale game mode, Fortnite and PUBG might be well and truly fucked though. Imagine a Battlefield Royale.

• Subscriber
On 3/2/2018 at 14:03, Dr. Gonzo said:

Once a AAA game has a multiplayer with a Battle Royale game mode, Fortnite and PUBG might be well and truly fucked though. Imagine a Battlefield Royale.

Coming with an EA tag 2018. Heard it here first

On 02/03/2018 at 22:03, Dr. Gonzo said:

Complete with various 'deluxe' editions, microtransactions, season pass, online pass, loot crates and a pay to win model.

No thanks.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 09:43, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Complete with various 'deluxe' editions, microtransactions, season pass, online pass, loot crates and a pay to win model.

No thanks.

Yeah I'm not saying it would necessarily be a better game, and if EA go the typical screw-the-customer route then they're going to try to squeeze every penny out of their playerbase. But the hype would be unreal for a triple A game with this gametype.

It's rumoured the next Red Dead will have a battle royale game mode as well. I like Rockstar games for their single player, but I find the multiplayer pretty tedious. So let's see how that pans out.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah I'm not saying it would necessarily be a better game, and if EA go the typical screw-the-customer route then they're going to try to squeeze every penny out of their playerbase. But the hype would be unreal for a triple A game with this gametype.

It's rumoured the next Red Dead will have a battle royale game mode as well. I like Rockstar games for their single player, but I find the multiplayer pretty tedious. So let's see how that pans out.

Unfortunately, that'll be going the way of the wallet rape as Take Two have pretty much confirmed that all future games under them will have microtransactions in some form or another.

https://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2017/11/08/gta-publisher-plans-to-have-microtransactions-in-all-future-games

I assume that it'll mainly be similar to GTA online, but if this has a battle royale mode as well, it could easily be fucked.

3 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Unfortunately, that'll be going the way of the wallet rape as Take Two have pretty much confirmed that all future games under them will have microtransactions in some form or another.

https://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2017/11/08/gta-publisher-plans-to-have-microtransactions-in-all-future-games

I assume that it'll mainly be similar to GTA online, but if this has a battle royale mode as well, it could easily be fucked.

GTA online is a horrible cesspool. It's a shame that they've learned that they basically can print money with their microtransactions. When GTA 5 came out, and it has some really incredible single player content, fans were promised single players DLC. Like the great DLC from GTA 4. But because of GTA Online, we're not going to get that DLC - it's just far too profitable for the developers to NOT focus on the single player DLC, which is more expensive and a lot more time consuming to make, when they can keep churning out shit for people to spend their Bull Shark bucks (or whatever) on it.

Now that EA owns Respawn entertainment, it's probably unlikely we see more developers follow in their footsteps for Titanfall 2, with no paid DLC for anything other than meaningless cosmetics. But a developer that is more pro-consumer making a AAA battle royale game would be massive.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
On 27/02/2018 at 21:30, Blue said:

Anyone have it for PS4?

JSharples18

Building up the wins on this. Must have at least 5 on each game mode. Leaderboards are currently down and have been for 2 weeks.

Anyone play?

7 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

JSharples18

Building up the wins on this. Must have at least 5 on each game mode. Leaderboards are currently down and have been for 2 weeks.

Anyone play?

I haven't (downloaded it but not played it) but I have seen you on it pretty much all the time.

23 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

JSharples18

Anyone play?

I do, DrAnklebreaker18 is my PSN. I'll PM you later if you're up for a game.

13 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Is this the one on PS3?

If so, it got discontinued online. Ambitious but it never worked out.

That's the one. Figured. I'm assuming technical reasons? Lag, crashed servers, etc?

My average life span between spawns was like 30 seconds. Don't think technology is ready for a 500 person Free for all or TDM 

59 minutes ago, Cicero said:

That's the one. Figured. I'm assuming technical reasons? Lag, crashed servers, etc?

My average life span between spawns was like 30 seconds. Don't think technology is ready for a 500 person Free for all or TDM 

Had a quick glance online. Zipper Interactive were closed down and sales were not very good (so the player base would have been poor as well, which is not good for a big online shooter).

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, Marc said:

Incredibly addictive game, wish I was better at it though. I've always been good at FIFA/PES but shit at shooting games.

I don't get how it's free

Probably weren't expecting it to take off as it did, especially considering the base game has nothing to do with battle royale as well.

Archived