talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fortnite

football forum

• Subscriber
On 08/07/2018 at 19:54, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Well I've given this a few games and so far, I'm struggling with this, mainly in regards to the building mechanic as it feels fiddly as fuck to start with. In saying that, I did get in the top 3 by doing absolutely fuck all. xD

I'll give this a few more goes but need to get used to the building before I can get the best out of this methinks.

Switch to builder pro mate, it’s so much better and easier in the long run. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
7 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

@JOSHBRFC, I'll consider that. I think with practice the building will get easier to do and the controls will come naturally, but I'll probably wait until season 5 starts now, especially with the football today and tomorrow.

You can also try the playground mode to have a bit of a practice if you want it, that’s a new game mode. 

4 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

You can also try the playground mode to have a bit of a practice if you want it, that’s a new game mode. 

I did use that to begin with just to get a feel for the controls. However, I read that Epic are taking the mode away (again) to work on it more.

• 3 months later...
On 24/01/2018 at 00:20, JOSHBRFC said:

No thread? Surely we have people who play this? 

I love it... it’s different... and the best part which is battle royale... is free!

I've just downloaded this on switch but have no idea how to play it at all.  It was a free download too which was weird.

Not sure what buttons to push or what I'm meant to do when i land.... i seem to only find wood and then get shot by the first person i see. Can't last long enough to figure anything else out...

Once i lasted long enough to be killed by the collapsing map but generally my forays have been pretty unsuccessful. 

9 hours ago, Harry said:

I've just downloaded this on switch but have no idea how to play it at all.  It was a free download too which was weird.

Not sure what buttons to push or what I'm meant to do when i land.... i seem to only find wood and then get shot by the first person i see. Can't last long enough to figure anything else out...

Once i lasted long enough to be killed by the collapsing map but generally my forays have been pretty unsuccessful. 

Play disco domination, you respawn in that and most people will be in the centre of the map. It'll be the best mode for getting used to the controls.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Harry said:

It’s always been a free game. They make their money from Skins.

Add Jsharples18 if anyone fancies a game on the PS4.

On 19/11/2018 at 02:01, Marc said:

Play disco domination, you respawn in that and most people will be in the centre of the map. It'll be the best mode for getting used to the controls.

I don't know how to change modes bro. You open the game and its massively confusing what the fuck everything is. I realise i am old. 😯

14 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Wasn't there a general piss around type mode where you could do as you please?

Not sure. I’m seeming to be one of 100 dudes all roaming around a map after parachuting from a vehicle of some kind. 

Played a bit more of it last night.

First gam I played i was killed within 5 seconds then watched for 30 minutes for the game to end. Second game I came 17th of 100 but the entire time I was running around without seeing anyone, and I ended up dying by falling off a cliff.... Didn’t realise the glider I had at the start wasn’t still available down the track.... Seems like a very hard game to ge good at.

Is the idea that you hang around after you die and watch it till the end? Thats what Ive been doing but thought that’s what you’re meant to do...

Is this game still a big deal or is anyone off paying something else now? What are the big deal online computer games these days?

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Harry said:

Not sure. I’m seeming to be one of 100 dudes all roaming around a map after parachuting from a vehicle of some kind. 

Played a bit more of it last night.

First gam I played i was killed within 5 seconds then watched for 30 minutes for the game to end. Second game I came 17th of 100 but the entire time I was running around without seeing anyone, and I ended up dying by falling off a cliff.... Didn’t realise the glider I had at the start wasn’t still available down the track.... Seems like a very hard game to ge good at.

Is the idea that you hang around after you die and watch it till the end? Thats what Ive been doing but thought that’s what you’re meant to do...

Is this game still a big deal or is anyone off paying something else now? What are the big deal online computer games these days?

You will get used to it. What console are you playing on? Press circle or equivalent to leave the game once you die.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

People hate it because it's hard and the building side of the game is so hard to master. The pro's at this game and the big names like Ninja and Tfue confirm that there's more skill involved in Fortnite than most other games. This is because of the building.

The game is fun to play though, especially with friends. 

Archived