talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eminem

football forum

• Subscriber

We’ve got the Rap topic but he deserves his own. 

Revival... thoughts people? I think it’s very very different. Not a big fan so far after a few listens. 

I do like his mainstream single River with Ed Sheeran. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if it's because its tired and dated but Revival was just shit. The music he's making doesn't really fit what he's good at which is unfiltered, emotion led rapping rather than this attempt to be a fully conscious rapper half the time and trying to be a pop star the other half.

Had three very good albums in The Slim Shady LP, The Marshall Mathers LP & The Eminem Show but everything else has either been meh or just terrible. 15 years of being unimpressive hasn't destroyed what he built up with those three albums as he's still considered relevant but 15 years of being unimpressive is still a part of his legacy.

• 6 months later...

I used to be a big Eminem fan bag in the day, but he is a has-been now. The Slim Shady LP is one of the best rap Albums of all time, the Marshall Mathers LP was fantastic, and the Eminem Show was great, but then it all kind of went downhill. 

• Subscriber
On 06/09/2018 at 21:07, Rick said:

It's not as bad as Revival but it's still wank. Eminem is becoming less and less relevant. He thinks rapping quickly makes him god....it doesn't. MGK released a track better than everything on Kamikaze. 

It really isn't.

Archived