talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Javier Mascherano Joining Hebei China Fortune

Argentina defender Javier Mascherano is to leave Barcelona after almost eight years and is expected to join Chinese Super League side Hebei China Fortune.

The 33-year-old joined Barcelona from Liverpool in 2010 for £17m after spells at West Ham, Corinthians and River Plate and will leave this week.

He won 18 trophies at the Nou Camp, including four La Liga titles and two Champions Leagues.

In 334 games for the Catalan club he scored just one goal.

Mascherano, who has made just 12 club appearances this season, will be given an official farewell on Wednesday.

He will then be at Barcelona's Copa del Rey second-leg tie against Espanyol on Thursday to say goodbye to the fans.

After starting his career at River Plate, he joined West Ham from Corinthians in 2006 along with team-mate Carlos Tevez.

But after just seven games for the Hammers, he joined Liverpool in 2007, initially in a loan deal that was turned into a four-year contract in 2008 for £18m.

He is a World Cup finalist, having played played in the 2014 final as Argentina were beaten by Germany.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42793874

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks to be China... Wants one last big payday and wants to play consistently with the World Cup approaching. He won’t be one of those that goes to China to get fat and save money.  He’ll stay professional and be in tip top shape for the World Cup.

Like @Cannabis said, a wonderful servant to Barcelona and they love him.  He will apparently be saying goodbye to the fans in the return leg of the Copa del Rey quarter-final against Espanyol at the Camp Nou.

It would have been better to see him go back to Argentina and end his career there as he still has enough to give at that level. But unfortunately money talks and you can't really blame a man for taking a nice pay cheque before retiring.

As Baron said, he will take it seriously in order to keep in shape for the world cup, rather than going out there and not giving much of a fuck on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

messi-acto-despedida-mascherano-15167890

Javier Mascherano is currently holding a press conference where he’s announcing his departure from FCB. The whole squad is attending...

You can see it live here: https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/directo-despedida-del-barca-javier-mascherano-6574100

xD Are the Barcelona the cheesiest club in existence 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Why? xD

They always do these things since decades ago mate, if what you’re talking about is a departure press conference.

Not the press conference but the players turning up to be there for him is cringey. Even more so if they are not there to take the piss and ruin it.

1 minute ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Not the press conference but the players turning up to be there for him is cringey. Even more so if they are not there to take the piss and ruin it.

Trust me, Piqué will almost certainly be attempting to ruin it! xD

I think it’s normal for the players to be there mate, especially when a member of the squad that has been there for a long while leaves.

I hope he pulls a Tevez and just fucks the Chinese club around, because that's funny. But I've got no love for the fucker, so I hope he also has a terrible time in China (and a nice early and humiliating World Cup exit would be nice too).

• The title was changed to Javier Mascherano Joining Hebei China Fortune

Mascherano’s closest friend at Barça, Andrés Iniesta leaves him a nice message on his twitter account.

”It’s been an authentic pleasure to share a dressing room with you these last 8 years... You’ve been an example to all of us in professionalism and as a teammate. You deserve the best. A big hug my friend... I’ll miss out chats together”

Archived