talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aymeric Laporte

football forum

football forum

On my phone so can't post the link but according to Sky Sports Manchester City are in talks to sign Aymeric Laporte from Athletic Bilbao. 

This one would upset me.

Do what Inaki did, sign a new deal!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

On my phone so can't post the link but according to Sky Sports Manchester City are in talks to sign Aymeric Laporte from Athletic Bilbao. 

This one would upset me, he shouldn't leave a club like Bilbao for a soulless project in Manchester City. 

Do what Inaki did, sign a new deal!

I wouldn't call Manchester City a "soulless project" and think he could thrive under Guardiola, but I agree otherwise that it would upset me. I'm a big fan of his and right now Otamendi and Stones are playing fantastic defensive football. It would be hard for him to replace one of them unless he was a name like Sergio Ramos, which he isn't.

• The title was changed to Aymeric Laporte to Manchester City For £57m
On 23/01/2018 at 17:56, Blue said:

I wouldn't call Manchester City a "soulless project" and think he could thrive under Guardiola, but I agree otherwise that it would upset me. I'm a big fan of his and right now Otamendi and Stones are playing fantastic defensive football. It would be hard for him to replace one of them unless he was a name like Sergio Ramos, which he isn't.

They are the epitome of soulless, a club bought to be a plaything, none of their success merited and built on the funding of a state. Just like PSG.

7 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Athletic Bilbao defender Aymeric Laporte is set to travel to England on Monday to complete his club record move to Manchester City.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42856553

How do you feel about this signing mate?

I don’t know if you followed all the comments made by the habitual Spanish forum posters back in the day at tff while Aymeric was evolving.  He may be French, but he like Antoine Griezmann were brought up in Spain and have all their football understanding in that football and it’s why Guardiola really wants him as it’s a lot easier to transmit what he wants to these guys.

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

How do you feel about this signing mate?

I don’t know if you followed all the comments made by the habitual Spanish forum posters back in the day at tff while Aymeric was evolving.  He may be French, but he like Antoine Griezmann were brought up in Spain and have all their football understanding in that football and it’s why Guardiola really wants him as it’s a lot easier to transmit what he wants to these guys.

I haven't seen much of him tbh, is he like a John Stones?

• The title was changed to Aymeric Laporte Completes Man City Move

Archived