• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aymeric Laporte

football forum

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Crap today, he let Vardy score   ...Kompany would of left Vardy in a heap of his own piss & shit and shown him who the daddy was!!  ..Laporte looked like a deer in headlights :(

Would be funny if he’s another La Liga failure in the Premier League though. xD

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Would be funny if he’s another La Liga failure in the Premier League though. xD

Guess it's hard at first when you make the step up to the Premier League, hopefully he will get used to the speed and physicality and being exposed with our attacking style   ..he looked like a Mangala today, maybe he just had a bad game, to soon to tell yet

5 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Guess it's hard at first when you make the step up to the Premier League, hopefully he will get used to the speed and physicality and being exposed with our attacking style   ..he looked like a Mangala today, maybe he just had a bad game, to soon to tell yet

That’s correct mate.  He’s lucky to have Josep Guardiola as his coach. B|

9 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

But his mistake cost us the goal, he should of shut Vardy down instead of backing off that close to goal

So until he's bedded in you don't think that he should be let loose in a Champions League game because the whole story at Man City is to win that tournament.

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

But his mistake cost us the goal, he should of shut Vardy down instead of backing off that close to goal

i'd say the person who gave the ball away was the original mistake. Can't remember who it was.

Then there's De Bruyne who attempted to tackle Vardy but didn't really get close. Laporte's mistake was the nail in the coffin so to speak. Being left one on one with a player like Vardy isn't the ideal scenario. All the blame can't be put on the new guy. 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

i'd say the person who gave the ball away was the original mistake. Can't remember who it was.

Then there's De Bruyne who attempted to tackle Vardy but didn't really get close. Laporte's mistake was the nail in the coffin so to speak. Being left one on one with a player like Vardy isn't the ideal scenario. All the blame can't be put on the new guy. 

Not all the blame but you don't expect shocking defending like that for a player who cost 50 million   ...if Kompany had of played, at best you would of had a free kick 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Not all the blame but you don't expect shocking defending like that for a player who cost 50 million   ...if Kompany had of played, at best you would of had a free kick 

and a yellow card even though he would have been last man.

where have we seen that before :ph34r:

20 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

But what was Stones accused off in his first season at City?

It's not shocking defending, it's an error which needs to be polished off but I will say this which goes back to my original post in reference to this particular signing.  He needs to be led at the back to get the best out of him and Stones isn't a leader at all and infact suffers from the same as Laporte.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

But what was Stones accused off in his first season at City?

It's not shocking defending, it's an error which needs to be polished off but I will say this which goes back to my original post in reference to this particular signing.  He needs to be led at the back to get the best out of him and Stones isn't a leader at all and infact suffers from the same as Laporte.

Like i said, it's a new league and he will be far more exposed in a team like ours so not judging him yet, just saying it was really bad defending 

25 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Like i said, it's a new league and he will be far more exposed in a team like ours so not judging him yet, just saying it was really bad defending 

But it was a sort of judgement mate, one that seems to have been a dig at La Liga in my view.  I don't want to get into the semantics of comparisons because it's boring.  But just to say that I've always gone on about how clubs sign players and how it goes with a side you've already got.  In Guardiola's case he's building something in the image he wants the game to be played and that takes time which in many cases is already being observed.  But in the same manner Bravo collapsed, the same can happen here again because of the background wishing for it to fail and jump on the slightest error... From there you get a loss of confidence and then a disaster.

I know you wasn't judging him.  I know exactly what you were doing mate but I just wanted you to type it down. ;)

• 6 months later...

Archived