talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2017/18 FA Cup Fourth Round Match Chat - 26-28 January, 2018

football forum

5 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Its an old one that .."City, City best team in the land and all the world"  ...City fans been singing that long before we was the best team in the world xD

Bit of topic but I think you need to win the champions league before you genuinely say you are the best in the world. For me if Barcelona win it this year they're the best. If you win it you're the best. If any other team wins it and their league it's still debatable

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Bit of topic but I think you need to win the champions league before you genuinely say you are the best in the world. For me if Barcelona win it this year they're the best. If you win it you're the best. If any other team wins it and their league it's still debatable

Maybe   ..but the premier league is harder to win

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Maybe   ..but the premier league is harder to win

No excuses mate. If your the best you have to win it. No one remembers teams that could of won it. And I think that is very debatable anyway. I don't think an English champion could have one La liga for a while

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

No excuses mate. If your the best you have to win it. No one remembers teams that could of won it. And I think that is very debatable anyway. I don't think an English champion could have one La liga for a while

The thing with cup games anything can happen in a one off game, Chelsea didn't deserve to win it but they did, they finished 6th place in England that season so i think we can be the best in the world without winning the CL   ...every team can have an off day, in a cup comp that puts you out even if you are the best team in the world

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

The thing with cup games anything can happen in a one off game, Chelsea didn't deserve to win it but they did, they finished 6th place in England that season so i think we can be the best in the world without winning the CL   ...every team can have an off day, in a cup comp that puts you out even if you are the best team in the world

Then your not the best club by a long way. So it will always be debatable if you were. If you were the best by some way you would win whatever. To me it looks like you have excuses ready which is a small club mentality. I doubt Barcelona fans have excuses ready for when they don't win a competition.

• Administrator
Just now, Happy Blue said:

Looking like he's going to be out for a bit after that

what's the injury? looks like the anterior ligaments there are fucked the way he's rolled over that way.

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Then your not the best club by a long way. So it will always be debatable if you were. If you were the best by some way you would win whatever. To me it looks like you have excuses ready which is a small club mentality. I doubt Barcelona fans have excuses ready for when they don't win a competition.

When we hammered Barcalona at the Etihad, did that make us the best team in the world?  ..anything can happen in a cup comp and the best team doesn't always win for one reason or another

I think we will win the CL this season btw

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

When we hammered Barcalona at the Etihad, did that make us the best team in the world?  ..anything can happen in a cup comp and the best team doesn't always win for one reason or another

I think we will win the CL this season btw

Its a two legged cup competition. That is a big difference maker. You might be best in the world but you won't be remembered unless you win it. And it would certainly help your argument if you did. Personally I think either you or Barcelona are and if one of you wins it i would pick that team.Also you keep saying its a cup but you said you were the best in england and one of the best in Europe when you finished fourth in the league

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

It adds extra time....

You're complaining because a game you voluntarily chose to watch, could potentially be a few minutes longer. If a few extra minutes are a big deal, why were you watching a two-hour match to begin with....

The human instinct....

Every major sport is using technology to improve, VAR is not the first nor the last. Get use to it or quit watching it, it's that easy

totally agree. 

It's being introduced whether people like it or not. Get used to it! Admit it needs improvements but video technology is ever evolving as shown with other sports. hasn't ruined those sports either. 

• Subscriber
On 1/27/2018 at 22:47, Batard said:

Clearly a lot of love for VAR. As it happens it’s been pretty shit in Italy simply because it’s human error being managed by potential human error. Maybe it’s time to review some of the rules rather than creating a solution to avoid it. 

This so many times over. That is the absolute fundamental issue with the sport and that above all is what needs sorting.

• Administrator

FA Cup replays this week

Tuesday 6th Feb
Birmingham vs Notts County, 19.45
Rochdale vs Millwall, 19.45
Swansea vs Notts County, 20.05 (live on BBC One)

Wednesday 7th Feb
Tottenham vs Newport County, 19.45 (live on BT Sport)

• Administrator

identical 4th goal for Swansea too. break down the right, pulled back to a team-mate who sweeps it in past the keeper. 

Notts County were just getting back in to it as well. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived