The better place to talk football.

2017/18 FA Cup Fourth Round Match Chat - 26-28 January, 2018

football forum

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Stan said:

Michael Owen has another mare.

Iheanacho scored to make it 2-0. Owen says 'he should have passed'. 

Gets questioned on it (the fact he scored so it doesn't matter). Says 'hindsight is a wonderful thing'.

What a melt. You say that if he misses, not when he scores xDxD 

To be fair I get what he meant.  Its like when defenders get to far forward and get a lucky goal. Probably best for him to keep something's to himself though

• Administrator

Forest couldn't capitalise on their great win over Arsenal in the previous round as they crash out of the cup away at Hull.

Rochdale take Millwall to a replay.

Coventry's cup run continues with a win away at MK Dons. 

Southampton win their first game since November to knock Watford out. 

Swansea held to a draw away at Notts County. Birmingham also holding Hudersfield and will go to a replay.

Sheff Utd & Brighton win too. 

• Subscriber

Did not expect that at all. I thought we'd changed too many players again but I suppose really with Puel's rotating it doesn't feel like we've gone and thrown a load of misfits together. Most of that side have played a lot this season and in-fact, one of the only ones who hadn't was Diabate. Could not believe how well he played today. Tidy player.

Onto round 5 and in style. We owed Peterborough that. Years of pathetic displays at their place so it's nice to get one back over them.

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Newport currently beating Spurs 1-0 and Spurs have put out a strong team as well.

Depends how you define strong, that first half line up was shocking. Not a single bit of creativity.

Great point though, hard place to go in January 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Storts said:

Depends how you define strong, that first half line up was shocking. Not a single bit of creativity.

Great point though, hard place to go in January 

Isn't fair that you can get four points for this just because you failed to win a game at the first chance yet we only get three for winning ours. Typical FA rewarding failure again.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dan said:

Isn't fair that you can get four points for this just because you failed to win a game at the first chance yet we only get three for winning ours. Typical FA rewarding failure again.

Got to play the system Dan, the extra game could cause us to drop points elsewhere though, so it's not that simple. Cup points should count double for me 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Got to play the system Dan, the extra game could cause us to drop points elsewhere though, so it's not that simple. Cup points should count double for me 

True, and I don't know why I'm moaning really when we took 4 off Fleetwood and even had the VAR edit replays to make it look like our 2nd was onside.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

True, and I don't know why I'm moaning really when we took 4 off Fleetwood and even had the VAR edit replays to make it look like our 2nd was onside.

A lot of respect for that

• The topic was unpinned

Archived