• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2017/18 FA Cup Fourth Round Match Chat - 26-28 January, 2018

football forum

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LFCMike said:

Going back to their third that was rightly chalked off. What the fuck is our cunt of a keeper doing? Their player heads it in from three yards and the keepers stood on his linexD

Exactly. Showing why Karius is preferred. Fucking terrible. 

• Administrator
Just now, Burning Gold said:

4 minutes stoppage time when we've wasted more than that on VAR decisions alone

not wasted though is it? 

West Brom goal correctly ruled out.

Liverpool penalty correctly given. 

• Administrator
Just now, FOYM said:

The ref is starting to be silly now. That was clearly an okay goal. 

We're so shit defensively. Klopp, sort yourself out man. This is unacceptable.

it's not the ref on the pitch.

He gets told that something is being checked. It's not his decision to check it. 

They are taking too long to make decision, I could watch that on TV so many miles away within one quick replay to know that was not offside, why are they taking so long? Hope they improve it as its still in the beginning stages of implementation.

• Subscriber

This is hard to watch though isn't it. I mean as an isolated game, it's quite funny how big a shambles it's been, but you can't have the games refereed like this. It will totally kill any euphoria when there's a goal and that's not the way the game should go. The reaction time in this game has been appalling.

• Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

I'm all for VAR but three minutes for a decision is absolutely shambolic, especially if you're in the crowd and not being told anything. 

this I do understand the frustration with. 

That's why I think over time it'll get better. Technology advances and clubs will have to advance with it (you'd have to think the associations and organisations will have to subsidise costs for it). 

I also think decisions will be made quicker as well the more the technology is used and people get used to it. Namely, the referees get used to it. Gotta bear in mind they're making the big decisions on something totally new and revolutionary to them - they don't want to be the one to make the first mistake on something so big. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I also think decisions will be made quicker as well the more the technology is used and people get used to it. Namely, the referees get used to it. Gotta bear in mind they're making the big decisions on something totally new and revolutionary to them - they don't want to be the one to make the first mistake on something so big. 

What, teles?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived