• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds United's New Club Crest

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Someone has been paid to make that. 

More astoundingly, a whole team has likely been paid to make that.

I thought the last crest was quite ugly and agree a change could have been good, but there’s much material from their past to draw on that could have averted this disaster.

2 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

It's got an MLS feel about it. 

Growing on me after the initial shock.

Which MLS logo does this remind you of? I think most MLS team logos are good, and nothing like this borderline Nazi saluting one.

49 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Which MLS logo does this remind you of? I think most MLS team logos are good, and nothing like this borderline Nazi saluting one.

Mainly columbus crew. Also just in general MLS clubs use that sort of style of borders, basic colours, simple, limited but striking. I'm not very good at explaining art xD

It's tradition for Yorkshire clubs to have the yorkshire rose flower as part of the logo (see ours), seems they've stripped all the symbolic history that makes a badge great and created what looks like a default Rugby club logo made on a video game.

This is the worst badge change I've ever seen, just terrible.

The more I think about it the more I'm just dumbfounded. It's like you get shit badges - they're underwhelming and you don't get why they changed from the old one. They seem stupid but fundamentally there's some kind of angle they were coming for, even though you disagree with it.

Like when Partick Thistle unveiled Kingsley as their mascot you were like "what the fuck" and then you found out it was the logo of some sponsor they had. You don't agree with that reason, but it's a reason. 

But this, it's just beyond any understanding. It's just surreal. 

Edit:

Outstanding patter 

3 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

It's got an MLS feel about it. 

Growing on me after the initial shock.

It's really not that bad in my opinion. It's certainly one of the better "new" club logos.

They could have included the bottom part of the logo as the one they had in the 70's and that would have been better, but certainly not bad if you ask me. It's not a work of art but it's nowhere near as bad as some are saying.

Archived