talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

football forum

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

What are you dressing up as?

None of the lads want to >:(

We are out all day/night not just the darts so i can understand why. There's still time to change their minds though.... but i'm not going fancy dress on my own. xD

51 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

its a shorter format so its very hard to predict. The games with legs are more easier to predict.

I've noticed. Darts around Christmas and early tennis tournaments are what I'm leaving betting too. They're not complex sports to learn about and in general are predictable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 15/03/2017 at 10:07 AM, Aaroncpfc said:

Ive found betting on The Premier League a lot more difficult than it should be.

When i went Thursday to Manchester i had a few quid on all the outcomes on the 5 games and got them all correct @ 50/1.  :D

Last game was awesome when Barney won. He was 5-1!!

He also nearly got a 9 darter, he was 1 dart off. I had a couple of quid on that too at 35/1.

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber
11 hours ago, Eco said:

Watching a replay of a match from the 2017 World Cup, Michael van Gerwen is the best player I'm guessing? Guy looks like a righteous douche bag. 

You guessed right. He's the best by a long way since Taylor has had his decline. 

• 5 months later...
  • Subscriber

Taylor rolling back the years by winning the World Matchplay earlier this year. Going to be weird when he retires  in the next few months.

Semi Final of the Grand Slam next with Taylor and MVG should be good. Hoping for a Taylor win!

1 hour ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Taylor rolling back the years by winning the World Matchplay earlier this year. Going to be weird when he retires  in the next few months.

Semi Final of the Grand Slam next with Taylor and MVG should be good. Hoping for a Taylor win!

Did you see the Wright/Anderson game? Will take some game from Taylor & MVG to live up to that one!

• Subscriber
On 19/11/2017 at 3:26 PM, Toony said:

Did you see the Wright/Anderson game? Will take some game from Taylor & MVG to live up to that one!

Yeah, Wright with the comeback. 

MVG with the title and 3 in a row. 

Really hoping for a Taylor send off and win in the World's. Would like to see him and Barney(as usual) do well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think tonight's session was the night this World Championship really took off.

Peter Wright out. Barney on fire. MVG nearly, and possibly fortunate to still be in it. Great atmosphere all round, great darts.

Taylor and Anderson tomorrow. You can tell we're right into the business end of it now.

MVG v Barney.

Taylor v Anderson.

If ever there was an evening session of darts not to miss, tonight is the one. This could be Phil Taylor's last ever game. I have a really funny feeling he'll go through though. And I wouldn't be surprised if Barney shocks MVG tonight either.

It's going to be a huge night in the World Championships.

Edited by Lucas

Was a bit disappointed by Phil Taylor tonight. I don’t mind seeing him beaten, he’s by no means my favourite player, and he deserved to be beaten but it just all looked jovial and nonchalant from him tonight and I don’t think he really cared that much tonight. He seemed to give up at 2-0 and just play up to the crowd and spent the rest of the night gesticulating and joking around. 

I don’t know if that come across like that on the tele but that was garbage from Taylor and he was acting as if he was the newcomer to a Final, not like a bloke who wanted to win and bow out from his sport in style. 

Taylor got hammered last night. I knew he'd lose as he's not the same anymore(it's the main reason why he's now retired) while Rob Cross is young, hungry and on fire. He could have a big future in darts him. Let's also remember that he beat Van Gerwen on route to the final as well.

On 29/12/2017 at 7:04 PM, Spike said:

Never understood professional darts but I don't mind a chuck.

I've always preferred to play pool or snooker(I used to like playing pool for money in the pub especially), but darts is better to watch as it's more exciting and there is a great atmosphere. It's quite a big thing in the UK and always has been. A lot of people in my family were big darts fans, some even players. My grandad was brilliant in his younger days and probably should have been professional himself, also my Aunty did well with her darts back in the day, a very good player.

As for the crowd and atmosphere, It's best when Robbie Savage turned up and just got absolutely roasted  xD

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned