• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Subscriber

:rofl:

Gary Anderson & Wesley Harms deny farting accusations at Grand Slam of Darts

9 hours ago | Darts

Some athletes blame poor performances on the state of the pitch. Others blame it on tactics, or perhaps just a bad day at the office.

But blaming your opponent for farting is definitely a new one.

Yet that's exactly what happened at the Grand Slam of Darts in Wolverhampton, with both Gary Anderson and Wesley Harms denying responsibility for the "rotten egg smells".

Two-time world champion Anderson, 47, won Thursday's match 10-2 to progress to the quarter-finals, but Dutchman Harms, 34, was quick to explain his sub-standard performance by accusing his Scottish opponent of leaving a "fragrant smell".

He told Dutch TV station RTL7L: "It'll take me two nights to lose this smell from my nose."

World number four Anderson was not best pleased by the accusation, saying the smell had definitely come "from the table side" at the Aldersley Leisure Village.

"If the boy thinks I've farted he's 1,010% wrong. I swear on my children's lives that it was not my fault," he said.

"I had a bad stomach once on stage before and admitted it. So I'm not going to lie about farting on stage.

"Every time I walked past there was a waft of rotten eggs so that's why I was thinking it was him.

"It was bad. It was a stink, then he started to play better and I thought he must have needed to get some wind out.

"If somebody has done that they need to see a doctor. Seemingly he says it was me but I would admit it."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/46245993

Barney has announced he is quitting next year after the Worlds.  

Five-time world darts champion Raymond van Barneveld says he will retire after the 2020 PDC World Championship.

The 51-year-old Dutchman, known widely as 'Barney', is one of only three players to win five world titles.

He won the British Darts Organisation (BDO) title in 1998, 1999, 2003 and 2005 before moving to the Professional Darts Corporation and beating Phil Taylor in the 2007 final.

"I noticed in myself that I can't keep up any more," said Van Barneveld.

"I know what I can do but it's just not been happening for the past three or four years, apart from winning the World Cup with Michael [van Gerwen].

"Next year is going to be my 35th year of playing darts at the highest level and it's going to be my last year.

"I'm not winning tournaments any more. I don't know why but a lot of things have happened in my private life and I've also noticed that my body isn't feeling 100% any more. I don't have the drive, motivation or fitness to carry on.

"I'm a winner, that's what I do - I lift trophies but I can't do it any more. Maybe there are still a couple of titles left in me and that would be amazing - but I can't do this every week.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Panna King said:

Barney has announced he is quitting next year after the Worlds.  

Five-time world darts champion Raymond van Barneveld says he will retire after the 2020 PDC World Championship.

The 51-year-old Dutchman, known widely as 'Barney', is one of only three players to win five world titles.

He won the British Darts Organisation (BDO) title in 1998, 1999, 2003 and 2005 before moving to the Professional Darts Corporation and beating Phil Taylor in the 2007 final.

"I noticed in myself that I can't keep up any more," said Van Barneveld.

"I know what I can do but it's just not been happening for the past three or four years, apart from winning the World Cup with Michael [van Gerwen].

"Next year is going to be my 35th year of playing darts at the highest level and it's going to be my last year.

"I'm not winning tournaments any more. I don't know why but a lot of things have happened in my private life and I've also noticed that my body isn't feeling 100% any more. I don't have the drive, motivation or fitness to carry on.

"I'm a winner, that's what I do - I lift trophies but I can't do it any more. Maybe there are still a couple of titles left in me and that would be amazing - but I can't do this every week.

My favourite ever player. He will be missed! Happy to say i've seen him live.

1 hour ago, JOSHBRFC said:

My favourite ever player. He will be missed! Happy to say i've seen him live.

Yea Barney is a great guy but has not been the same since he had some huge trouble outside of Darts which really knocked his confidence over the years, real shame otherwise he would of won alot more.

• 4 weeks later...
football forum
8 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Some dickhead launched a pint at Michael Van Gerwen this evening. That’s why I canned it this year and didn’t bother buying tickets. Last year was full of dickheads who can’t handle a pint. No surprise it’s gone like this. 

As if anyone's actually there to watch Darts though, can do so for free at your local. 

Laughable ''sport''.

37 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

As if anyone's actually there to watch Darts though, can do so for free at your local. 

Laughable ''sport''.

And you can have a laugh there without being a dickhead. It’s popularity has led to more dickheads attending and fights and generally dickhead behaviour rising. 

Still, you’re nice and positive. 

20 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Laughable ''sport''.

Actually it's a difficult sport, so you have to admire the professionals who made it big. That's hours of training every day. I joined a darts team two years ago and just recently I've begun to become better. 

football forum
59 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Actually it's a difficult sport, so you have to admire the professionals who made it big. That's hours of training every day. I joined a darts team two years ago and just recently I've begun to become better. 

It's difficult to ride a pogo stick whilst also baking a cake and spinning plates. Doesn't make it a good sport. 

Whilst yes, it does take many hours of practice and skill Darts in a nutshell is an awful sport. It's foundation was as a bit of a past-time as opposed to being anything recreational and the main pull of going to the Darts is for the party and piss up, not actually watching the bloke on stage throw things about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
8 hours ago, Tommy said:

Yea, Anderson got completely destroyed :4_joy:

I know :( Something wasn’t right with Anderson but MVG wasn’t lethal as always. 

I hope Michael Smith wins in the final but it’s not going to happen. 

On 31/12/2018 at 09:39, JOSHBRFC said:

I hope Michael Smith wins in the final but it’s not going to happen. 

You were right. MvG World Champ for the 3rd time. Smith put up a decent fight though. 

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Out of interest @JOSHBRFC do you think darts is a sport. I don't mean it in a disrespectful way because yes or no it I still a skill

Absolutely. It should replace something pathetic and irrelevant at the Olympics like Dressage or fucking Walking.

• 11 months later...

It's brilliant what Fallon sherrock has done. I'm not sure if men have of an a physical advantage with darts but there is definitely a social advantage so it is harder for women darts players