talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2018 Under-17 European Championships (England Hosting)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
12 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Full time

Netherlands 2-0 Spain @SirBalon

Vanpaddy spot on so far with this tournament! Said Netherlands would win the group and Redan Star player! 

who?

45 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Full time

Netherlands 2-0 Spain @SirBalon

Vanpaddy spot on so far with this tournament! Said Netherlands would win the group and Redan Star player! 

That’s a very good young Dutch side. The favourites for me. 

1 hour ago, Panna King said:

What is the Spanish youth like at this age? 

All the youth age groups are very good but there seems to be various issues with selections from what I've been hearing and reading over the past year or so.  There is a very wide pool of players and all sorts of politics going on right now.

What I do know is that the biggest group coming through is right now almost at the end of what in Spain they call the "Benjamín" age group which  incredibly the 7 to 8 year olds.  I'm hearing unbelievable stories of some absolutely fantastic kids coming through, stuff that is very similar to those that have been and are famously retiring over the past three to four years and presently.

These things aren't taken seriously in the matter of winning in Spain although they have a very rich history in the youth levels both on the continental and world scene. They're more observatory and tactical for the future although it's quite difficult to explain what I mean. Take for example watching youth football in Spain doesn't have the vitriol it has for example here in the UK. They don't see it in the same manner which means it's difficult to say exactly how good these kids are unless they're already playing first team football for their respective clubs which then obviously makes things a lot easier to analyse.

On 5/8/2018 at 23:43, SirBalon said:

All the youth age groups are very good but there seems to be various issues with selections from what I've been hearing and reading over the past year or so.  There is a very wide pool of players and all sorts of politics going on right now.

What I do know is that the biggest group coming through is right now almost at the end of what in Spain they call the "Benjamín" age group which  incredibly the 7 to 8 year olds.  I'm hearing unbelievable stories of some absolutely fantastic kids coming through, stuff that is very similar to those that have been and are famously retiring over the past three to four years and presently.

These things aren't taken seriously in the matter of winning in Spain although they have a very rich history in the youth levels both on the continental and world scene. They're more observatory and tactical for the future although it's quite difficult to explain what I mean. Take for example watching youth football in Spain doesn't have the vitriol it has for example here in the UK. They don't see it in the same manner which means it's difficult to say exactly how good these kids are unless they're already playing first team football for their respective clubs which then obviously makes things a lot easier to analyse.

Spain were beaten today 2-1 by Belgium in the quarter finals.

Netherlands played Ireland later for a place in the Semi final. 

33 minutes ago, Panna King said:

We are in the Final 😁

Ned v Italy

It doesn't matter whether you win or lose... Italy look at these tournaments in a different light to most countries in Europe. They are tactically aware at a very young age while other countries are searching to ascertain what que quality coming through is like.

obviously when you're in a final, you want to win it. But win or lose this Netherlands aside is by a hundred miles the best quality in this age group anywhere in Europe. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

It doesn't matter whether you win or lose... Italy look at these tournaments in a different light to most countries in Europe. They are tactically aware at a very young age while other countries are searching to ascertain what que quality coming through is like.

obviously when you're in a final, you want to win it. But win or lose this Netherlands aside is by a hundred miles the best quality in this age group anywhere in Europe. 

Well lets hope some of these guys can break through in the next couple of years

12 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Well lets hope some of these guys can break through in the next couple of years

They will in the Eredivisie. There’s no doubt the home sides would rather give these kids a chance than spend stupid money elswhere mixed with a few shrewd foreign signings others don't detect.

• Administrator

Netherlands just taken the lead through a very fortunate deflected shot. Looped over the Italian keeper after taking the deflection.

Nevertheless, 1-0. Good play in the build up. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived