talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group C Schedule

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Its not uneducated facts mate. You don't have to justify every football opinion. Sometimes you can go on a hunch

When was the last time you saw us play then?

You're not giving me any reasons other than "we drew New Zealand" which is cherry picking at its finest.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I know, I'm talking about others ;) 

Fair enough. Like I said mate I want you to do well. Just not sure you will

Fair enough. Like I said mate I want you to do well. Just not sure you will

Lets drop it then, I don't want to get heated. It just bothers me that we haven't lost in 11 games, qualified against some of the best teams in the world and people still see us as minnows when we are clearly one of the top 15 teams in the world.

If Denmark don't take us seriously, then they are going to lose. I doubt that will be the case though, they are more professional then Croatia and it isn't a friendly game like today.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

When was the last time you saw us play then?

You're not giving me any reasons other than "we drew New Zealand" which is cherry picking at its finest.

I haven't seen panama play doesn't mean I think they will reach the semis. When Columbia qualified for the last world cup they had lots of well known players.  You don't have any. So that is one reason

I haven't seen panama play doesn't mean I think they will reach the semis. When Columbia qualified for the last world cup they had lots of well known players.  You don't have any. So that is one reason

Just look at our results in qualifying compared to Panama's. Also compare who we had to face. Colombia didn't have many well known players either. Just Falcao and Cuadrado. The rest were nobodies.

33 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well to be fair it is what  your fifth most popular sport? And you have a population of 25 million. I think you have done well. I remember when you beat us at old Trafford

Participation wise football only loses to swimming. Don't let the AFL and Rugby centric media fool you. Football is huge here in terms of interest, just the professional league is a bit of a joke and struggles versus everyone loving the premier league. 

Didn't we beat you at Upton Park? Rooney and Jeffers debut.

Just now, Toinho said:

Participation wise football only loses to swimming. Don't let the AFL and Rugby centric media fool you. Football is huge here in terms of interest, just the professional league is a bit of a joke and struggles versus everyone loving the premier league. 

Didn't we beat you at Craven Cottage? Rooney and Jeffers debut.

Upton park just Googled it

3 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Didn't we beat you at Upton Park? Rooney and Jeffers debut.

What do you prefer? 2006 or 2015? Always the big debate...

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

What do you prefer? 2006 or 2015? Always the big debate...

Is it? In terms of ability and as a team, 2006 easily. I wish I was in Australia for the 2015 Asian cup though would've gone! 

4 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Is it? In terms of ability and as a team, 2006 easily. I wish I was in Australia for the 2015 Asian cup though would've gone! 

Were you teaching in Japan? Don't think you've told us your secret.

;) 

4 hours ago, Blue said:

Were you teaching in Japan? Don't think you've told us your secret.

;) 

Seriously though how are those two generations comparable? Look at the XI vs Italy in 2006.
Schwarzer (our best performing GK for Australia with hundreds of EPL games)
Neill (a classy defender who forged a successful career in England)
Moore (read the game well and excelled at Rangers)
Chipperfield (one of Basel's best foreign imports)
Wilkshire (spent a while as a top performer for FC Twente)
Bresciano (over a decade in the Serie A, enough said)
Grella (our best ever defensive mid? Serie A stalwart with some EPL experience)
Culina (classy regular for PSV)
Sterjovski (surprise package who had a successful European career before Perth Glory ruined him)
Cahill (god)
VIduka (phenomenal, if he was another nationality would've received even more plaudits)

Of course Kewell and Emerton missed that game. Two legends in their own right. 2015 Asian Cup final winning side had Franjic in it, enough said.

• The topic was locked

Archived