The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 30-31st January, 2018

football forum

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
football forum
2 minutes ago, HK85 said:

If Niasse wasn't a fucking idiot we'd have strolled that. 

Keane, Walcott, Coleman all great. 

Niasse was bollocks today, can't believe he blew that chance from Leicester's KO.

Yet again it is a case of if we had a decent striker and keeper we would have won with ease. Burnley were shite.

Joselu was an absolutely fucking joke. Missed a penalty and couldn't hit the target with two easy chances. 

There's not much more we can do really, we just don't have the quality upfront. The effort and organisation is ok. We are not a farce like in previous years, we just aren't good enough.

Ashley taking us down.

McClean and Philips should have been off. It makes it hard to hate City when they humiliate disgusting donkeys like them on the regular. Especially going in waist-height on a fucking teenager like Diaz. 

If your excuse is "this is England" you're a Brexit-voting shitebag. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

hooked!

Spurs got through and De Gea made a superb save. Mourinho nearly lost his shit on the touchline immediately after that chance and then Fellaini was off. Clearly wasn't happy with his own decision to bring him on!

What a cunt. He's done that with Matic previously as well.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

Our ability to lose to out of form sides is unrivaled.

our ability to let players score their first goals for their clubs is unrivalled. 

Completely outplayed on the day, well deserved win by Bournemouth felt the score is a bit too high but the win is without a doubt deserved. The entire team was bellow their even average performance, the back three were shambles after Christensen went off. As i previously said a few times before the 3-4-3 with these players worked last season as no one could figure out how to stop it. This season everyone knows it, press the back three and crowd the midfield as simple as that. It didn't help we were left without a striker with Michy in Germany, and Morata injured. Even Conte felt that would be a poor excuse as he still wages war with the board and i just can't see him last longer than this summer. He will be either sacked or he will walk alone in the summer. We have Watford next on Monday with hopefully a squad of players that are arsed to give a performance. Knowing us after that crap from last night we will complete a Barcelona 90' minutes.

• Subscriber

Strange one last night and I can't decide which result would have been deserved. We were there for the taking, Leicester started well and could have gone ahead then gifted us a dreadful goal and all the momentum with it. Credit to us for riding that momentum into a comfortable lead until conceding a silly penalty and riding our luck to hold on to the win. An important result to keep a chance of 7th alive but I just don't think we have the quality or consistency to overtake Leicester and Burnley.

Leicester should be really disappointed though with the chances they allowed us to create. With Niasse missing two great chances and Rooney going close late in the first half that's five we could have had by half time and we are one of the worst attacking sides in the league.

Coleman utterly superb on his comeback, Davies looked a lot better, Walcott obviously the match winner and a few solid performances throughout the rest of the team. An end to our winless run and a step in the right direction so not gonna complain.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Strange one last night and I can't decide which result would have been deserved. We were there for the taking, Leicester started well and could have gone ahead then gifted us a dreadful goal and all the momentum with it. Credit to us for riding that momentum into a comfortable lead until conceding a silly penalty and riding our luck to hold on to the win. An important result to keep a chance of 7th alive but I just don't think we have the quality or consistency to overtake Leicester and Burnley.

Leicester should be really disappointed though with the chances they allowed us to create. With Niasse missing two great chances and Rooney going close late in the first half that's five we could have had by half time and we are one of the worst attacking sides in the league.

Coleman utterly superb on his comeback, Davies looked a lot better, Walcott obviously the match winner and a few solid performances throughout the rest of the team. An end to our winless run and a step in the right direction so not gonna complain.

I think 2-1 Everton was fair. I don't think you played particularly well, but you didn't have to. I think that half an hour from us is up there with the worst half hour I've ever seen. Some of the errors from us were totally laughable, like Chilwell giving the ball away to play you in 2 on 1 and Amartey playing the ball into a clear chance for Niasse (which he somehow missed) when it was going behind.

I think we're a pretty decent side. Not amazing, not as good as two years ago, but a pretty decent one, but with far too big a tendency to turn in a shocker. Last night was every inch one. We probably ought to have equalised strangely but you seemed to kill us off with that double sub that took forever and we didn't respond at all. It was a horrible night and a total waste of time for me. Not one redeeming factor.

Palace, Watford and now Everton have all ended bad runs against us in recent times. Not good enough. To think I deluded myself on the Tuesday into thinking Arsenal were catchable.

6 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

@Kitchen Sales

Was reading Kenedy impressed on his debut? Thoughts?

Hit the post, won a penalty, assisted the goal. Looked a better class than we are used to. 

Only downside was on occasion his touch and crossing was off. Hoping that is lack of match practice.

We were playing Burnley though, quality wise they are shit, the league table does lie.

Archived