talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Will Win The World Cup?

World Cup 2018 Winner  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2018 World Cup?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/06/18 at 15:00

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gone for Argentina although I think Spain have a very good chance of doing it.  For me Spain has the most complete squad alongside Germany and they both (Germany and Spain) know how to play together and have a plan.

But something inside me tells me that this could be finally Argentina’s year.

This thread already exists :dam:

I'm going for the same answer I went then. Germany. They've proven that they aren't going to stagnate and their young stars are that of quality.

Brazil definitely a close second.

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Gone for Argentina although I think Spain have a very good chance of doing it.  For me Spain has the most complete squad alongside Germany and they both (Germany and Spain) know how to play together and have a plan.

But something inside me tells me that this could be finally Argentina’s year.

Depends. Sampaoli has to make this side click and he has a few months to do it, although only 2 matches in march to prove it.

41 minutes ago, Blue said:

Depends. Sampaoli has to make this side click and he has a few months to do it, although only 2 matches in march to prove it.

The side minus three players is average at best.  But there’s one player that’s on a level blessed by divinity and I, basing it on that right now due to being in the form of his life.

Just now, SirBalon said:

The side minus three players is average at best.  But there’s one player that’s on a level blessed by divinity and I, basing it on that right now due to being in the form of his life.

He can't win it on his own though. I know we get talk about Maradona winning the 1986 world cup on his own, and there is an element of truth to it. The difference though is that those players he had, while not great were performing better than the bottlers Argentina currently have.

As for the side being average, I agree to an extent. Croatia have a better squad than they do, but Croatia don't have tactical discipline or work rate and that's why Argentina are better. Although dare I say, not much better!

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

He can't win it on his own though. I know we get talk about Maradona winning the 1986 world cup on his own, and there is an element of truth to it. The difference though is that those players he had, while not great were performing better than the bottlers Argentina currently have.

As for the side being average, I agree to an extent. Croatia have a better squad than they do, but Croatia don't have tactical discipline or work rate and that's why Argentina are better. Although dare I say, not much better!

I agree... The answer for Argentina is tactical discipline which is what Portugal had in the European Championships.  They didn’t go into that thinking that because they had Cristiano Ronaldo in their side that they could outscore sides based on having him.  Instead they were ruthless defensively and just waited for an opportunity which is more or less what Greece done years earlier... 

You don’t need a great side to win these things if you aren’t blessed with talent in almost every position.  You need discipline and full co-operation of the players.  If they listen to Sampaoli and they rely on his know how in these areas, they are capable of doing it with the plus of having a god that can deliver things nobody else can in the football world.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

In what way (on paper) has Brazil got a better pool of players than Germany or Spain mate?

Maybe not Spain, but Brazil definitely has more depth than Germany.

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

How? Germany just won the confederations cup with their C team? 

Germany has about 2 or 3 teams that define world class but after that they are just solid to decent. Same with Brazil really but the difference for me is that they play everywhere and you could take a bunch of Brazilians from the Brazilian league and still likely perform. 

The only position where they don't have a whole lot of depth is in the striker role. 

1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

What about England at some point in the tournament? That game hasn't happened for a while xD

It would be a great match, no matter how shit England have been over the last few years i know they'd put up a battle and make it very difficult for us. Thankfully there's no Owen anymore, so that's a plus. :P

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived