talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Buffon at 40

football forum

Buffon-_Superman.jpg

In two days, Gianluigi Buffon will turn 40 years old.

We all know the end is coming soon for Buffon's career, but this weekend a lot of what Juventus are focusing on is celebrating the life of Buffon.

So while this may be his last season playing professional, or maybe not, it's almost bittersweet to think of all the memories this gentleman has been apart of. He'll likely be the best GK I'll ever see, and with that, here is a early Happy Birthday to my favorite Juve player of all time. :congrats:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

An Inter fan creating a tribute to an Italian player, what is going on?

Great player though.

Fixed. :ph34r:

There are certain players that I have a massive respect for regardless of where they play. I created a thread on the 'other' forum when Maldini retired with the appreciation and respect I have for Buffon.

I am not as petty as to think that just because they play for a rival, means we can't appreciate what they did for the game, league, and the National Team.

• Administrator
Just now, Spike said:

This stupid thread title keeps catching my eye and with 'Daedelus'  under it, out of the corner of my eye I think it reads 'Buffon dead at 40'.

that's just your own messed up head mate. 

19 minutes ago, Spike said:

This stupid thread title keeps catching my eye and with 'Daedelus'  under it, out of the corner of my eye I think it reads 'Buffon dead at 40'.

Geez man - I used the exact Thread Title as FootballItalia.com

• Administrator
6 hours ago, El_Loco said:

An all-time great definitely.

It´ll be interesting to see the dynamics in Juventus dressing room if Gigi decides to play one more season. They probably signed Szczesny promissing him he´d the starter after this season. Will he wait?

I'm surprised they didn't go for someone better than Szczesny.

Buffon's boots are massive to fill.

Archived