talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Salomon Rondon to Liverpool?

football forum

According to the news here in Peru, Rondon is linked to Liverpool.

I know he hasn't been all that at West Brom, but he's actually a very good player. The issue is he doesn't the luxury at WBA to play the hold up deep lying forward game that he has with him at Venezuela. I think with Firmino, Salah and Mane supporting him he'll do excellently. Besides, he's been playing under Pulis the longest time so that didn't help him. Klopp will get the best out of him, because on form he's one of the most underappreciated strikers in 2018.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'll be absolutely amazed if Liverpool sign Rondon.

Do they even have a proper 9 right now? I've not caught them much this year. Is it Firmino?

I suppose Firmino is better than Rondon but still, I can't see him being a bad signing.

35 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Would be a good focal point for this Liverpool team with Salah and Mane either side of him. They should sign him. 

I think FOYM said it best that as a squad player he'd work. He's a good deep lying forward that can do better than limited systems such as west brom.

He has more luxury with Venezuela and that's where he shines. He could do the same at Anfield.

I've been saying we need a proper striker for a while now, and if Rondon's the best we can do for someone who'll be on the bench most of the time, then so be it. We were linked with him the summer we bought Benteke, so maybe there's something to this. I still doubt it, mind

Just now, FOYM said:

I'm not on about him in the starting 11 for fuck sake, but it's clear we need to add new levels to our game. Swansea showed our flaws loud and clear. 

It was our first loss in 19 games mate. No need to panic by buying players like Rondon ffs xD

43 minutes ago, Blue said:

I think FOYM said it best that as a squad player he'd work. He's a good deep lying forward that can do better than limited systems such as west brom.

He has more luxury with Venezuela and that's where he shines. He could do the same at Anfield.

Would be starting weekly in place of Firmino after a few weeks at the club. 

8 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

It was our first loss in 19 games mate. No need to panic by buying players like Rondon ffs xD

Mate, it's a sign of things to come. We should just cough up the 30m for Rondon. He will make sure that scenario doesn't happen again.

15 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

He's nowhere near as bad as you're making him out to be. He's a proven goalscorer in la Liga and the Russian league, and has also looked superb at times for Venezuela. Just because he doesn't have the luxury or style of play that suits him at West Brom doesn't make him a bad player.

He'd fit in well at Liverpool even if its only on the bench.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

He's nowhere near as bad as you're making him out to be. He's a proven goalscorer in la Liga and the Russian league, and has also looked superb at times for Venezuela. Just because he doesn't have the luxury or style of play that suits him at West Brom doesn't make him a bad player.

He'd fit in well at Liverpool even if its only on the bench.

yeah he's not as bad as some make out but he won't fit Liverpool that well. 

That last sentence makes no sense. Why would he fit at Liverpool if he's just gonna sit on the sidelines each week and maybe come on for about 20-25 minutes, if that? Why would a player do that?

Rondon is a good striker, as good as Giroud in my view and just hasn’t been at a club that’s given him the status that he could possibly have.  He’d be a very good acquisition for Liverpool and as far as I’m concerned he’s not that far behind Firmino on quality.

32 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Rondon is a good striker, as good as Giroud in my view and just hasn’t been at a club that’s given him the status that he could possibly have.  He’d be a very good acquisition for Liverpool and as far as I’m concerned he’s not that far behind Firmino on quality.

I cannot express how much I disagree with that in words.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I cannot express how much I disagree with that in words.

I’ve seen Rondon play for a long time at clubs that don’t pump your status and I’ve always thought he was a more than handy striker with potential. I don’t know which part you disagree with but if it’s the part of my comparison with Firmino, then we’re both in the same boat because Firmino has been at Liverpool which is a club that has the potential to pump you name a lot higher than anywhere Rondon has been to and with that we don’t have any proof of capabilities other than sensations based on what we’ve seen which ends up being a result of opinion.

Just now, SirBalon said:

I’ve seen Rondon play for a long time at clubs that don’t pump your status and I’ve always thought he was a more than handy striker with potential. I don’t know which part you disagree with but if it’s the part of my comparison with Firmino, then we’re both in the same boat because Firmino has been at Liverpool which is a club that has the potential to pump you name a lot higher than anywhere Rondon has been to and with that we don’t have any proof of capabilities other than sensations based on what we’ve seen which ends up being a result of opinion.

I think Firmino is probably our second best player, less flash than Salah or Mané... but he's the main man behind our attack. You take him away and you're likely taking away goals from the rest of our front 3.

Meanwhile Rondon, granted I've only seen him at WBA, just looks bang average. Normally when Liverpool have signed a player from another side in the league that looks bang average... they end up being bang average or totally dogshit. I've seen nothing from Rondon that indicates he's got what it takes to be more than bang average in England.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Meanwhile Rondon, granted I've only seen him at WBA, just looks bang average.

And that right there is your problem. You've only seen him at WBA, which has been his worst club to date. He's been good everywhere else and has looked excellent for Venezuela.

I don't know about comparisons with Firmino but he could easily be Brazil's second or third choice striker.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived