• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Salomon Rondon to Liverpool?

football forum

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HK85 said:

Firmino is nothing more than ridiculous hair and overly white teeth. 

Shite. 

At international level, Rondon has impressed me more for Venezuela than Firmino has for Brazil, in all fairness.

In all honesty I’m biased with Firmino because I simply feel he’s not as good as is made out to be.  With that I’m not saying he’s a bad striker at all, but his status is definitely over pumped in my view. Doesn’t mean I’m right though.

• Administrator

Rondon's been at West Brom for 3, maybe 4 years? Agree with @Dr. Gonzo that he's bang average.

And yes, I know he's played at international level but he's probably playing against shitter defenders and stands out as a good player in a team of less than average players.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Firmino is probably our second best player, less flash than Salah or Mané... but he's the main man behind our attack. You take him away and you're likely taking away goals from the rest of our front 3.

Meanwhile Rondon, granted I've only seen him at WBA, just looks bang average. Normally when Liverpool have signed a player from another side in the league that looks bang average... they end up being bang average or totally dogshit. I've seen nothing from Rondon that indicates he's got what it takes to be more than bang average in England.

But at the end of the day we would be talking about a player that can come in for Firmino for when injured, suspended or just rotation. Something you need... Aside from what our personal thoughts are on this I don’t understand the ridiculous comments or better said, sensations about Rondon possibly playing for Liverpool and being part of your squad.

I've been saying it since last year and I stand by it - when you're playing under Pulis then you're likely to look bang average. Add that with him not having the same luxury he has at Venezuela, or that he had in Russia. Been a while since he's played in Spain. Liverpool does have those luxuries as well as a fluid system that Rondon could thrive under.

He's a complete forward when used properly. Just look at some of the performances he's had against Argentina. Left Otamendi on the ground more than once.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

But at the end of the day we would be talking about a player that can come in for Firmino for when injured, suspended or just rotation. Something you need... Aside from what our personal thoughts are on this I don’t understand the ridiculous comments or better said, sensations about Rondon possibly playing for Liverpool and being part of your squad.

the point being, though, is that they can do better than Rondon. 

Just now, Stan said:

Like who?

I don't think players like Morata would sit on the bench for Liverpool. If they want rotation players, Rondon is about as good as they can get.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

But that point in my view would be signing someone better than Firmino and if that’s what they’re after, this market in January isn’t the one to be doing that in and I haven’t heard any rumours about Liverpool signing a top of the range striker... What I mean is a proven striker.

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

News and Rumours? xD

Its about as reliable for transfer news as The Beano. 

Its popping up everywhere mate. Even on TV here in Peru on a channel dedicated to the Peruvian league. I think its more that you're failing to accept that its an actual rumour because you don't want Rondon.

Now that said, I would be a bit surprised if he did end up going to Liverpool as these things show up all the time and don't actually happen but semantics. It is an actual rumour we just don't know if it will go through.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Its popping up everywhere mate. Even on TV here in Peru on a channel dedicated to the Peruvian league. I think its more that you're failing to accept that its an actual rumour because you don't want Rondon.

Now that said, I would be a bit surprised if he did end up going to Liverpool as these things show up all the time and don't actually happen but semantics. It is an actual rumour we just don't know if it will go through.

No it’s not mate. Not one single credible source on these shores have even mentioned it. If it did turn out to be true and we signed him then I’d support him as I do all our players (bar 1 or 2) but seriously, it’s bollocks pal. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

No it’s not mate. Not one single credible source on these shores have even mentioned it. If it did turn out to be true and we signed him then I’d support him as I do all our players (bar 1 or 2) but seriously, it’s bollocks pal. 

Fair enough but just letting you know that if it does end up happening, I am making this my signature ;) 

34 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

VVD and Rondon are the type of transfers you expect from a big team like Liverpool. Its about time the unknown world class talents like rondon and guerrero get the credit they deserve, ballon d'ro is next.

You can’t even spell the biggest personal honour a footballer can achieve you absolute whopper xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived