talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Salomon Rondon to Liverpool?

football forum

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the Rondon links aren't worth discussing given the source but I think one thing that is worth discussing from our point of view is the lack of options after Firmino. Particularly if Sturridge goes. I know Sturridge is pretty much finished here but when the other two options are Solanke and Ings it doesn't fill you with confidence. 

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I know the Rondon links aren't worth discussing given the source but I think one thing that is worth discussing from our point of view is the lack of options after Firmino. Particularly if Sturridge goes. I know Sturridge is pretty much finished here but when the other two options are Solanke and Ings it doesn't fill you with confidence. 

Agree in principle but don’t forget both Mane and Salah can play central if needed 👍

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

And then you'd lose the quality they bring from their positions

True, but the drop off in quality isn’t as steep. 

Still, I agree with your first post, we need some more strength in depth in the CF position. 

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

True, but the drop off in quality isn’t as steep. 

Still, I agree with your first post, we need some more strength in depth in the CF position. 

Origi wasn't brilliant but he's much better than what we have as back up at the moment. Hit double figures in both seasons for us. Seems strange to send him on loan given our options

11 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Rondon's a fucking tank too, absolutely insane physique. 

This is one point I forgot to mention. This makes him a reliable target man/deep lying forward.

Would you take him at Everton mate?

• The topic was unpinned
4 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I would, he's very underrated and just needs a chance at a more ambitious club than West Brom.

I doubt he'd love playing for a side that somehow managed 0 shots on target in 3 matches. Not sure a club can claim ambition with Fat Sam:ph34r:

Saw Rondon the other week v Brighton and he's got to be one of the most frustrating players at West Brom. In the space of two incidents, he can go from looking like a very good player to a bloke who's lost at Premier League level. He's so erratic and for teams like Liverpool, you can't afford inconsistency to that level.

2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Saw Rondon the other week v Brighton and he's got to be one of the most frustrating players at West Brom. In the space of two incidents, he can go from looking like a very good player to a bloke who's lost at Premier League level. He's so erratic and for teams like Liverpool, you can't afford inconsistency to that level.

Someone tell Klopp this?

Archived